Author Topic: NOM wants race vs. sexuality  (Read 4151 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
NOM wants race vs. sexuality
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »
The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) was forced by Maine law (after sucessfully blocking marriage equality there) to reveal their documents and plans. They were stupid enough to document their horrid plan.  Here is one of them:

The strategic goal of this project is to drive a wedge between gays and blacks – two key democratic constituencies. We aim to find, equip, energize and connect African American spokespeople for marriage; to develop a media campaign around their objections to gay marriage as a civil right; and to provoke the gay marriage base into responding by denouncing these spokesmen and women as bigots. No politician wants to take up and push an issue that splits the base of the party.

and this is what they're hoping for:

Some heterosexual African-Americans will let loose with homophobia against the gay community.  And some white lgbtqs will express racist comments about the black community. Both communities will be at each other’s throats. There will be no intelligent conversations on the matter and neither community will benefit an iota.

Yes, they're purposefully provoking racial problems to further their hateful agenda. All the while ignoring the fact that queer people of color, like myself, exist and we're not going to put up with an hateful organization trying to divide our racial identity and our sexual identity. This is a common strategy of conservative. Early on it was pitting poor whites against black. Then it was pitting workers against Mexican immigrants. Now they're doing this in North Carolina, since their is a vote to ban same sex marriages AND civil unions.

Forgot the link: http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2012/03/27/court-documents-prove-noms-plan-to-divide-black-gay-communities/

Julian Bond, the chairman of the NAACP has this to say:

NOM's underhanded attempts to divide will not succeed if Black Americans remember their own history of discrimination. Pitting bigotry's victims against other victims is reprehensible; the defenders of justice must stand together.[/NOM]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:16:00 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: NOM wants race vs. sexuality
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:14:22 pm »
Ah-whoops.  Gonna be a bit difficult for people to be manipulated if they know they're being manipulated.

Ironbite-good jorb whoever forced these morons to reveal their plans.

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:51:58 pm »

The strategic goal of this project is to drive a wedge between gays and blacks – two key democratic constituencies. We aim to find, equip, energize and connect African American spokespeople for marriage; to develop a media campaign around their objections to gay marriage as a civil right; and to provoke the gay marriage base into responding by denouncing these spokesmen and women as bigots. No politician wants to take up and push an issue that splits the base of the party.

To an extent, it has worked so far.  I remember Dan Savage being lambasted as a racist for *gasp* acknowledging the racial demographic exit polls concerning the issue of Prop 8.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:25:40 pm »
To be fair, there are valid criticism of Dan Savage in regards to racial privileges even in the LGBTQ community. But that's a different topic.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:21:38 pm »
This is such a common trick in Europe
Some gay people love Wilders since he hates Muslims

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:56:37 am »
Ummm....  What the fuck?!     

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:40 am »
Post it around, and do so far and wide. If ever there were a time to show the proverbial  Man behind the Curtain, it is NOW, while they're on the ropes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8A9h_mVOY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8A9h_mVOY</a>

They're going as far as trying to define what it means to be black and Latino. Yes, a bunch of old white people are trying to define what it means to be Latino! Oh and they're essentially a Catholic organization, according to this.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 04:37:40 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8A9h_mVOY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8A9h_mVOY</a>

Oh my God I love her and I love this video.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 05:51:03 pm »

They're going as far as trying to define what it means to be black and Latino. Yes, a bunch of old white people are trying to define what it means to be Latino! Oh and they're essentially a Catholic organization, according to this.

That's where I ceased to be surprised.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »
I swear the RCC is sounding more and more like the closest thing to a global conspiracy.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »
I swear the RCC is sounding more and more like the closest thing to a global conspiracy.

They WANT to be a global conspiracy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »
They'd be getting back a level of power they haven't had since the Dark Ages.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 01:02:17 am »

Oh my God I love her and I love this video.

Thanks, Zinnia!  I totally agree.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 10:02:10 am »
1. NOM is non-denominational, so long as that denomination is opposed to marriage equality. Since they've had at least one Mormon on their board of directors, I don't think it has any official ties to the Catholic church.

2. This clearly the liberals' fault. If they didn't keep playing the race card and bringing up racism (which is completely dead in this country, black president proves it!), NOM wouldn't be forced to do this.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.