Author Topic: Ronald Reagan's blood for sale at online auction house  (Read 3364 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Ronald Reagan's blood for sale at online auction house
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »
Thirty-one years after Ronald Reagan was shot and nearly killed by a would-be assassin, an online auction house on the island of Guernsey (an autonomous British protectorate and controversial tax haven just off the northern coast of France) is making available to the highest bidder a glass vial it says once held the president’s blood.
Sixty-nine days after being sworn in, Reagan was attacked outside a Hilton Hotel in Washington by John Hinckley, Jr., a schizophrenic young man who later said he was trying to impress the actress Jodie Foster. The Secret Service rushed the president to George Washington University Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery. Despite significant internal injuries and bleeding, Reagan recovered and was back at work at the White House only weeks later.

I would like to apologize to the people of Britain, for our ridiculousness rubbing of on you guys.   

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/ronald-reagans-blood-for-sale-bid-now/

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Ronald Reagan's blood for sale at online auction house
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:28 pm »
I uh... yeah...   
I've been known to collect some weird stuff, but I draw the line at bodily fluids and excretions... or actually just about anything 'body part' related.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:30 pm »
Thirty-one years after Ronald Reagan was shot and nearly killed by a would-be assassin, an online auction house on the island of Guernsey (an autonomous British protectorate and controversial tax haven just off the northern coast of France) is making available to the highest bidder a glass vial it says once held the president’s blood.
They're not selling Reagan's blood, they're selling a vial that at one point supposedly contained his blood.

Do try to actually read news articles before commenting on them.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »
Whether or not it's his blood or the vial, still, WTF?  And I will not be surprised if people fall for this scheme either.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:49:15 am »
I don't like touching things that even held blood unless they're sterilized.  Call it an OCD thing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:10:52 am »

Ewwwwww. Even if it isn't actually blood. It's still a bio-hazard.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »
How is that something you can prove? I could literally just pick up any random glass vial and say that it once contained magical fairy jizz and it would have the same amount of proof behind it.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »
How is that something you can prove? I could literally just pick up any random glass vial and say that it once contained magical fairy jizz and it would have the same amount of proof behind it.

I think once a guy tried to sell a ghost in a jar on eBay. Someone was actually going to buy it, but then the offer got taken down because it was bullshit. It's amazing that someone actually fell for it, though.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

I think once a guy tried to sell a ghost in a jar on eBay. Someone was actually going to buy it, but then the offer got taken down because it was bullshit. It's amazing that someone actually fell for it, though.

Or the famous N'sync pancake. 

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

It would be funny if some fundie politician came along and tried to charge both of them with human trafficking.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »
I believe this is relevant. ;D

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »
Yeesh! I could clip my toenails, keep them in the jar, then sell it on ebay for a ton of bucks just by saying, "COOL VINTAGE CLASSIC ROCK MEMORABILIA OFFER!: A YEARS WORTH OF TOENAIL CLIPPINGS FROM ALL THE MEMBERS OF LED ZEPPELIN!"?

No thanks....tempting as it is!

REAL ROGER WATERS LOOGIE! - Carefully Swiped From My Face & Kept In Jar Since The 1977 "Animals" Concert I Attended!

RINGO STARR'S BOOGERS - An Epic Sneeze From A Very Epic Nose!

SHARON STONE'S USED TAMPON!

MARLON BRANDO'S FACE MIRACULOUSLY ON A SOCK - This Is An Offer YOU CAN'T REFUUUUSE!!

MICK JAGGER'S FART IN A JAR! It's A Gas Gas Gaaaass!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 05:54:36 pm »
That would be like taking a shit and saying it's the shit that Elvis died taking. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of fuck no's for that, but that's how I see it.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:38:17 pm »
It's obvious that the government is going to "acquire" Ronald Reagan's blood in some way or another and use it to complete their master-race alien-robot breeding clone project.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:04 pm »
It's obvious that the government is going to "acquire" Ronald Reagan's blood in some way or another and use it to complete their master-race alien-robot breeding clone project.

I'm curious to hear your dad's take on this, if that isn't actually it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov