Author Topic: "House M.D." series finale  (Read 2322 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
"House M.D." series finale
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:57 am »
I have long been a fan of "House" despite not really ever being into medical dramas. I was drawn into the series because of Hugh Laurie (best known to me at the time through the BBC's "Blackadder"), but stayed with it because I enjoyed the character immensely, found the Sherlock Holmes aspect of the show interesting (it's far more of a mystery show than a medical one), and was intrigued by the question being asked: "Is it better to have a sympathetic, kind, compassionate person who will be with you while you die or a cold, cruel, bitter person who will help you to live?" The series seemed to be dealing with the question of methodology vs. results. Does it really matter how you do something as long as you are ultimately successful, or does the method by which you achieve success matter?

That said, the series finale was on last night and I was disappointed. Spoilers below.

(click to show/hide)

"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: "House M.D." series finale
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:19 am »
I have missed this House:

For years.

And now it's just like:

Personally I think that finale was worse for me than any other ending to a show. It was worse than what they did to Zach Addy in Bones, it was worse than neutering Spike in Buffy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:58 am »
It wasn't worse than the Seinfeld finale.

But the House ending was profoundly unsatisfying.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:25:30 am by sandman »
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:56:11 am »
I don't/didn't watch Seinfield. :P

OH BUT. It was probably not as bad as the L Word finale. Or maybe they're tied. D:

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:08 am »
Still sounds like a better ending than Mas- (is shot)

...ow.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:33:57 am »
Still sounds like a better ending than Mas- (is shot)

...ow.

Worse ending, actually. In my humble opinion. They betrayed so much in the House MD ending. They have fucked over the audience for years. And this was the cherry on the shit cake.

Now I have to scrape together some money to change my XBL Gamertag.

&

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »
This is why I quit years ago House lost appeal when it quit being focused on thhe puzzles

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:41:09 am »
All the newer House episodes turned to shit when entire episodes start revolving around one dude speaking in a weird tone of voice, then everybody obsessing over what it means while some guy is coughing up blood in the backround
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »
Even though I don't care for House, it would have to be a better ending than Scrubs. The latter had pretty much a perfect finale, then they had to ruin it by tacking on a new season which was absolute shite all the way through.