Author Topic: Happy Independence Day!  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
Happy Independence Day!
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:01:20 am »
From someone in Soviet Canuckistan.  I hope that those of you who have the day off have a great one.  And those who don't, have an easy one. 
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Happy Independence Day!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:12:50 am »
Thanks,  Neighbor-To-The-North. :)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:27:07 am »
Happy 4th everyone!
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:26 am »
Happy fireworks and beer day!
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:20:05 am »
Thanks, even though I've never been that fond of the 4th of July( it's called having to go through years of uber patriotic bs,thanks to asshat right wingers)and I also have to work, but I do get time & a half and my co workers told me it's usually dead.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »
Meh.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 05:48:15 pm »
Oh, boy, loud noisy thingies!  It's fortunate that early on American weren't told  to celebrate the Fourth by sticking an ice pick into your head.  Although, come to think of it, our population would be a great deal smaller and considerably more intelligent.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »
And now a speech from the greatest president ever.

In less than an hour aircraft from here will join others from around the world and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the fourth of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression or persecution but from annihilation. We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday but as the day when the world declared in one voice “We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today, we celebrate our independence day!”

Ironbite-god bless you President Whitmore

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 06:38:05 pm »
This holiday feels pointless. Another excuse to drink and flaunt how much you love the United States.

I'll start to love this country when it does something that doesn't make me cringe. Until then, it's where I live because I was born here, and can't afford to go anywhere else.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Saturn500

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »
This holiday feels pointless. Another excuse to drink and flaunt how much you love the United States.

I'll start to love this country when it does something that doesn't make me cringe. Until then, it's where I live because I was born here, and can't afford to go anywhere else.

Valve is an American company, and Valve is awesome.

You know what? Screw it, from now on, today is Valve day!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 08:17:49 pm »
I'll like to add that the whole thing with the firework display specials are extremely overrated.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 08:57:03 pm »
The British have better fireworks displays anyways.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
And now a speech from the greatest president ever.

In less than an hour aircraft from here will join others from around the world and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the fourth of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression or persecution but from annihilation. We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday but as the day when the world declared in one voice “We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today, we celebrate our independence day!”

Ironbite-god bless you President Whitmore

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phKNKP2c2Xw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phKNKP2c2Xw</a>
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:41 pm »
From someone in Soviet Canuckistan.  I hope that those of you who have the day off have a great one.  And those who don't, have an easy one. 

Were you off two days ago?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:13 am »
Happy 4th! I prefer to remember the day for its historical significance and be thankful for those who fought centuries ago for an independent nation, rather than bitch about its current state.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades