Author Topic: Even A Stopped Clock...  (Read 5667 times)

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Even A Stopped Clock...
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »
...Is right twice a day.

As you can probably guess, this thread is her so people can discuss stances and opinions you agree with taken by people you disagree with or dislike.  For example, I don't like Dick Cheney, but I do like how he supports gay marriage.

Got anything else like that?  Discuss it here!
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Even A Stopped Clock...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »
Stephen Harper.

He's the worst thing to happen to Canada in my lifetime, but he did kill the bloated parliamentary pensions--and split it off from an omnibus budget bill so that MPs could vote on it quickly, and vote yes on it instead of having to appear to oppose it as part of a larger bill (because nobody pays attention to the amendments opposition parties introduce).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:22:33 pm »
A guy in my class who is normally a homophobic pro-bullying asshole.
He was the only one who stood up for the Steubenville rape victim when we talked about it in class. He also was the only one with an understanding of rape (Being drunk does not invite sex, a woman having lots of sex partners before is not consent to everyone).
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »
Justice John Roberts.

He's a douche who gave us Citizens United, but he also upheld Obamacare.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:55:46 pm »
The Daily Telegraph. They're a Liberal-National Party shill, so naturally they're rarely agreeable. However, recently they tore strips out of Stephen Conroy for a general raging cuntbiscuit, so I give them very hearty props for that.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »
Bush. At minimum, he had a good plan for immigration. Too bad he never got to implement it.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:53 pm »
During Newt Gingrich's campaign, he said it would be a good idea to put school students in charge of keeping their schools clean. Newt being Newt, everyone pretty much assumed that this was either to A) punish minorities/poor people or B) get rid of janitorial positions in public schools. However, having seen the condition many public schools are in (I want to a charter, to it was a bit different), and working a similar job, I think making everyone have to clean the colossal messes that occur in places used by hundreds, if not thousands, of people, on a daily basis might make them appreciate how much work goes into keeping such places clean. I think more people would be inclined to treat people with shitty jobs better if they knew how bad said jobs were first hand, and be more respectful of public places if they knew what went into making them look nice.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:04 am »
During Newt Gingrich's campaign, he said it would be a good idea to put school students in charge of keeping their schools clean. Newt being Newt, everyone pretty much assumed that this was either to A) punish minorities/poor people or B) get rid of janitorial positions in public schools. However, having seen the condition many public schools are in (I want to a charter, to it was a bit different), and working a similar job, I think making everyone have to clean the colossal messes that occur in places used by hundreds, if not thousands, of people, on a daily basis might make them appreciate how much work goes into keeping such places clean. I think more people would be inclined to treat people with shitty jobs better if they knew how bad said jobs were first hand, and be more respectful of public places if they knew what went into making them look nice.

Hell, I think that schools would do a lot better if they tried to actually instill respect into their students instead of just trying to avoid liability/angry parents and get their kids out of there with as few rough patches as possible. It's worse because the constant fear of upsetting parents (or shilling to the wealthy ones) or being sued means that they end up aggravating the problem, teaching (ho ho) that it's perfectly fine to be a cunt as long as you can threaten a lawsuit when something doesn't go your way, or use your parents' influence to get privileges.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »
I think Rush Limbaugh is one of the biggest assholes on the air.  But this might be an unfortunate case of Jerkass Has a Point.  The "Think of the Children" tactics are not based on any kind of reason, they're based on guilt, ie: support this or you're a monster.  Even though someone could be against gun control, because they don't think it's a practical solution.  I hear the same shit from people defending the TSA abuse.  If you don't agree with them, you want the terrorists to win, even though the terrorists could still find ways around the TSA. 

Of course, Rush unsurprisingly comes across as a douche supreme, and he may be exaggerating the extent to which the Liberals do this, but he does have a point.   

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »
Michelle Malkin.  I'm no fan of hers, but I recently read her book Unhinged, which pointed out examples of Liberals being rude, irrational, hateful, insane, violent, paranoid, bigoted, or just plain mean.  While some of the examples she gives might be out of context, she does well at pointing out double standards and showing that being a jerk isn't confined to one color of the political spectrum.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »
I may hate Chalton Heston, but he says he doesn't do politically correct.  I concur that political correctness is stupid.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »
Pat Robertson's rejection of a Young Earth view was surprising enough, but apparently David J. Stewart, a complete nutjob who's rantings litter the FSTDT mainpage, isn't a Young Earth Creationist either.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »
John Hagee.  While he's a homophobe who thinks religion should have more place in the government, he also wrote a book called Final Dawn Over Jerusalem where he eloquently refutes anti-semitism.  He especially points out how stupid it is for Christians to hate Jews.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:07 am »
Stephen Harper again--this time, for how he handled the same-sex marriage issue way back when he first became Prime Minister.

In the previous Parliament, the Liberals introduced a bill to legalize it, but because of how it was introduced, every Cabinet Minister was forced to vote in favour of it (and a few quit Cabinet over it), and I personally don't like seeing MPs whipped when it comes to matters of conscience. Harper did attack the bill because the Bloc voted overwhelmingly in favour of it (saying that it was illegitimate because a majority of federalist MPs voted against it), and he promised that, if elected, he would bring a motion asking the House if they wanted to reopen the debate, and that none of his MPs would be whipped. (The NDP did whip its MPs for all such votes and kicked out one MP over it.)

And he did exactly that. The motion did not carry (though he voted in favour) and the issue hasn't been raised (at least not seriously--I don't follow these things that closely) in the House since.

His handling of the abortion issue, on the other hand--another debate he promised to leave closed--has involved effectively silencing his MPs who want to speak about it, and again, I dislike that sort of muzzling. (See Mark Warawa.) But the one time something close to it (a motion to form a special committee to study when life begins) came before the House, he voted against it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »
Ron Paul.

I don't agree with much of his politics but every now and then he does have smart ideas. Reading through his political positions is pretty much "no, no, yes, NOOO!, yes, maybe, no,..."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!