Author Topic: Anti-gay protestors use kids as human shields.  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Anti-gay protestors use kids as human shields.
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:06:30 am »
http://americablog.com/2013/03/violent-protest-paris-gay-marriage.html

“On met les enfants devant! On met les enfants devant!” TRANSLATION: “Put the kids in front! Put the kids in front!” a father yells to other protesters, as he approaches the police line with his three year old child perilously perched on his shoulders in order to challenge the police who had just used tear gas and batons to push back the protesters who had just attacked them.

Wait what!?

And these are the people who claim to be doing this for the sake of their children and family values. I'm not suprised to hear that it was the protesters who have been the first to throw a punch in these protests.

"Sure I love my kids, I often hide behind them and use their bodies to soak up bullets." -Said by no loving parent ever.

Jumalauta. Don't they see how crazy this is? Don't they see how this is not only wrong but also conflicts with their message?

So far I've only seen one person support this act. And that was on the basis that "cops are evil and anything that is done against them is ok."  Which is a whole other issue I hate.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Anti-gay protestors use kids as human shields.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:10:25 am »
Wow, I wonder what the kids thought of that. And why is it that the groups who claim to be the most "pro-family" are always the worst to children? I recall another story about a woman who was a prominent member of an anti-gay hate group who was discovered to have made lesbian sex tapes with her underage daughter. "The brighter the image, the darker the negative" indeed.

Also, just as a side note, what does "Jumalauta" mean? ???
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:21 am »
Goddamn, I think.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:32:38 am »
Wow, I wonder what the kids thought of that. And why is it that the groups who claim to be the most "pro-family" are always the worst to children? I recall another story about a woman who was a prominent member of an anti-gay hate group who was discovered to have made lesbian sex tapes with her underage daughter. "The brighter the image, the darker the negative" indeed.

Probably a dude's name.

Ironbite-also...THE HOLY FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:42:58 am »

It's just a  swear. Kinda like goddammit except this one literally means "help me God."

Hmm... After reading a bit more about the protests it is possible that the most violent protestors aren't so much concerned about gay marriage as they are about using the unrest to protest against the president.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/24/wrd-france-same-sex-marriage-law-protests-paris.html

And for some reason all the articles about the kids being used as shields link to the original one I posted. I'd like to see some other sources verify this by themselves.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/03/25/1768751/french-anti-equality-protesters-challenge-police-barricades-using-children-as-shields/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Saturn500

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:25 am »
Attention protestors: This is not Dwarf Fortress. STOP.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »
Fuck you, you fucking fucks!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 04:15:10 pm »
I'm going to use insane troll logic in tying this in with pro-life, but they are only pro-life so they have more human shields to use in cases like these.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »
Protestor: Yes, we are very much family values. In that I value my son as the best sort of shield against police attacks!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:56 pm »

I shouldn't have, but I laughed.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:51:44 pm »
Told my sister about this. She was amazed at the irony of the French not only fighting, but being anti-gay.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »

I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

Good, because I did too.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 07:39:48 pm »
Told my sister about this. She was amazed at the irony of the French not only fighting, but being anti-gay.
Yeah, what's next? Are they going to renounce baguettes, wine, striped shirts, berets and Jerry Lewis movies?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »
I hope this is a small minority of French folks because I always envisioned them as rather progressive, artsy kind of people. My mind is blown!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 03:06:24 am »
I hope this is a small minority of French folks because I always envisioned them as rather progressive, artsy kind of people. My mind is blown!

According to surveys, 60% of the French support gay marriage and I doubt that all of the remaining 40% are as strongly against it as these protestors.