Author Topic: Sentenced to jail for rape. (For being raped that is.)  (Read 11632 times)

wrightway

Re: Sentenced to jail for rape. (For being raped that is.)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:14 pm »
Kaboom?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 08:34:57 pm »
HAH!

As long as the area has oil, nobody gives a damn about what they do to anyone.

Ironbite-but when that runs out....
Yeah, but I was thinking more Libya than Iraq.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 07:15:23 am »
She has been pardoned, but I want to still rage because she was only released after international pressure. I bet she would still be in jail if no one outside the UAE had expressed outrage.  >:(
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 07:17:22 am »
She has been pardoned, but I want to still rage because she was only released after international pressure. I bet she would still be in jail if no one outside the UAE had expressed outrage.  >:(

Why should you rage over a pardon? This is a GOOD thing, because it means that another country was able to put pressure on some folks to stop human rights violation.

Rage when nothing gets done. Don't rage when the problem gets solved.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 07:26:41 am »
Okay let me clarify. Yes it is good she was pardoned but she shouldn't have needed that pardon in the first place, since the reason for her arrest was completely assinine. I guess I still want to rage because the fact a victim can go to jail for being victimized completely disgusts me and it is unfathomable that a delevoped nation has such absured and backwards laws in the first place.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 01:12:07 pm »
They also let the rapist go free, completely unpunished. That really pisses me off.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 01:49:37 pm »
They also let the rapist go free, completely unpunished. That really pisses me off.
What? I thought he was supposed to get 13 months for the other stuff he did?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »
What? I thought he was supposed to get 13 months for the other stuff he did?

Yeah, supposed to. But they're pretty much treating the whole thing like it never even happened in the first place, which means the rapist scumbag goes unpinished too. It's great and all that they're letting the Norwegian woman go, but this is still pretty fucking  outrageous.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »
Yeah, supposed to. But they're pretty much treating the whole thing like it never even happened in the first place, which means the rapist scumbag goes unpinished too. It's great and all that they're letting the Norwegian woman go, but this is still pretty fucking  outrageous.

The perpetrator was her co-worker, but does anyone know if he is Norwegian or Arab or what?

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 03:01:56 pm »

The perpetrator was her co-worker, but does anyone know if he is Norwegian or Arab or what?

They talked about this for a few seconds on CBC today. They said he was from an African country. I wanna say Ethiopian, but there's a good chance I'm misremembering it.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »

YES! She's been pardoned!

I'm happy for her! Thankful for the International Community & furious at the idiots who caused this problem in the first place!

The utter misogyny of it all! Even if I were an idiot who bought their "adultery" BS (and I don't), logically the guy would be equally punished.

But since they put it all on the woman & have that double-standard, it only shows that's they just loathe anyone female! They can eat my own crap! Bastards!

Looking at these societies, I get the impression that, in these guy's minds, males are the humans and females are these offshoot-things used to reproduce more male/humans. The whole "Adam/Eve - Rib" thing taken to it's most logical, and deranged, conclusion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:14:42 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 03:15:56 pm »

YES! She's been pardoned!

I'm happy for her! Thankful for the International Community & furious at the idiots who caused this problem in the first place!

The utter misogyny of it all! Even if I were an idiot who bought their "adultery" BS (and I don't), logically the guy would be equally punished.

But since they put it on the woman & have that double-standard, it only shows that's they just loathe anyone female! They can eat my own crap! Bastards!

Well to be fair, they were going to charge the rapist as well, but now that she's being let off, so is he, which is infuriating. Although, even when they were both convicted, the rapist still got less time than she did, so still definitely a misogynistic system.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 04:11:33 pm »
It'd be nice if the rapist just "disappeared".
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »
Yeah read that he had gotten off as well and it's like "Dah...fuck?"

Ironbite-then I realized where it was and just shook my head.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »
The rapist was from Sudan, if I remember correctly. I thought he'd surely face charges since public intoxication is considered a more serious offense there. I'm glad the victim is free to go, but this whole case is rage-inducing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades