Author Topic: Jesse Lee Peterson is batshit insane  (Read 6372 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Jesse Lee Peterson is batshit insane
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:40:04 pm »
There is just...I'm speechless...there are no words in the English language to describe how stupid this is:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2013/07/28/peterson-obama-trying-to-take-power-from-the-white-man/

He sounds like Samuel L. Jackson's character on Django Unchained to a frightening degree. I'm rarely one to use the term "Uncle Tom" as I think it is a small-minded phrase that encourages tribalism, but I'll make an exception for Peterson here. Holy shit.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
Re: Jesse Lee Peterson is batshit insane
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 11:52:57 pm »
Wow. Just wow.
(Reads article.)
ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:06 am »
Ok. If we just think I'm sure we can make this all seem sensible.

Is the reverend possibly blind? And was he raised in a family of KKK klansmen?

If not, I got nothing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:04 am »
Oh WOW.  It's Uncle Rukus in the flesh.  Seriously, what the actual fuck?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:57 pm »
Normally I would call the John Birch Society a festering, pustule wart on the ass of the USA but that would be an insult to warts.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »
There is just...I'm speechless...there are no words in the English language to describe how stupid this is:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2013/07/28/peterson-obama-trying-to-take-power-from-the-white-man/

He sounds like Samuel L. Jackson's character on Django Unchained to a frightening degree. I'm rarely one to use the term "Uncle Tom" as I think it is a small-minded phrase that encourages tribalism, but I'll make an exception for Peterson here. Holy shit.

I hate using the term "Uncle Tom" because it's a misnomer based on bastardized stage-play take on Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel that was anti-slavery, pro-black & of whom Uncle Tom was actual a hero in the story.

I prefer the term, "Fetchit" in reference to the type of roles Lincoln "Stepin Fetchit" Perry would play (though, in real life, he was a bit of a subversion, he was active in the Civil Rights Movement, was friends with Muhammad Ali and opened doors for future black actors. The phrase, "Fetchit" is more a reference to his ridiculous movie persona).

That said, Peterson is a self-hating nutso!

Perhaps the term "Stockholm Blacks" would be good. Blacks with Stockholm Syndrome.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:40 pm »
I like it. Stockholm Blacks. Black people that vote Republican.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 05:00:31 pm »

Actually, more like black people that oppose sending federal aid to victims of Hurricane Katrina because said victims were "welfare pampered," "immoral," and "lazy."

I'm not making that up, by the way. Peterson really said that.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 05:32:09 pm »

Actually, more like black people that oppose sending federal aid to victims of Hurricane Katrina because said victims were "welfare pampered," "immoral," and "lazy."

I'm not making that up, by the way. Peterson really said that.
Oh, I believe you. I just think anyone that isn't a rich, white, male that was born here voting Republican is a Stockholm _________.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:06 am »

I hate using the term "Uncle Tom" because it's a misnomer based on bastardized stage-play take on Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel that was anti-slavery, pro-black & of whom Uncle Tom was actual a hero in the story.

I prefer the term, "Fetchit" in reference to the type of roles Lincoln "Stepin Fetchit" Perry would play (though, in real life, he was a bit of a subversion, he was active in the Civil Rights Movement, was friends with Muhammad Ali and opened doors for future black actors. The phrase, "Fetchit" is more a reference to his ridiculous movie persona).

Perhaps the term "Stockholm Blacks" would be good. Blacks with Stockholm Syndrome.

In the original story, yes.  Later works (primarily minstrel shows) would turn Uncle Tom from a heroic figure into a fool and apologist for slavery.  That's where the insult comes from.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:45 am »

In the original story, yes.  Later works (primarily minstrel shows) would turn Uncle Tom from a heroic figure into a fool and apologist for slavery.  That's where the insult comes from.
That's exactly what she said. Bastardized stage plays (the minstrel shows) changed it.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 01:15:12 am »

That's exactly what she said. Bastardized stage plays (the minstrel shows) changed it.

Well, Tom needs to be reclaimed and replaced with Fetchit or Stockholm Black....or rather, Brotha/Sista Stockholm. I refuse to let bigots wizz all over a classic of abolitionist literature.

I GOT IT! Forget all those options! Just call guys like him Uncle Ruckus & leave it at that...PERIOD!

Uncle/Aunt Ruckus...a term for a self-hating black person!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:29:09 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 02:53:49 am »
...Goddamn it.  My bad.  Somehow I missed that.  Sorry, Myth.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:15 am »
...Goddamn it.  My bad.  Somehow I missed that.  Sorry, Myth.

I forgive ya! That said, let's reclaim the good name of Uncle Tom and substitute it with Uncle Ruckus!

wrightway

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »
Uncle Ruckus was my favorite character. Especially after they explored his back story for why he was so screwed up.