Author Topic: The FQA Youtube  (Read 6188 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
The FQA Youtube
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:00:37 pm »
Please discuss things related to the FQA YouTube project in this thread. That includes volunteering for filming, editing, research, etc. or discussions of how exactly this will happen. My experience on the matter being nearly nil, I'll let more experienced users hash out the details.
Σא

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: The FQA Youtube
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:06:49 pm »
Well, we could try to form alliances with like minded vloggers. I know a few people with smallish channels that would probably want to be a part of this project.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 07:42:42 pm »
I'm willing to make graphics for videos, if anyone needs them.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
I still say we should have rage reviews (think Nostalgia Critic) on fundamentalist videos that are posted up on youtube. Something funny, straight up, no bullshit.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:38:22 pm »
As I said, I'd be willing to run the channel, assuming Sigma wants one less thing to take care off. If not, I can help with writing, fact checking and maybe video editing assuming it's nothing too complex.

As for what we should do, I say just start small and mirror upload the podcast for now. Maybe then work on a separate Youtube once we've found our feet with that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:40:49 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:02:25 am »
I'll be learning audio/video editing this year at college. I'd love to be able to contribute as I learn how to do these things, perhaps even create content as part of my assignments.

I still say we should have rage reviews (think Nostalgia Critic) on fundamentalist videos that are posted up on youtube. Something funny, straight up, no bullshit.
Perhaps that kind of content should have its own channel, so it's not taken to be legitimate news.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:00 am »
This is so perfect for involving Diamonda Hagen for advice, production help, YouTube pro tips, cross links, etc.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Neith

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 09:03:49 pm »
I'm not sure how much I can commit to on an ongoing basis, but perhaps JohnE, Her3tiK and I can work together on an intro.

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 07:55:07 am »
I could do voiceovers, if you want me to.