Author Topic: Rolling coal  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Rolling coal
« on: July 04, 2014, 09:02:48 am »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rollin-COAL/176188362523440

Ok, so we have some people who think it is funny when their car is spewing out clouds of black smoke so they have modified the cars to produce more smoke.

It is weird, it is a waste of money and it pollutes. Still, it is just a hobby and people do have the right to waste money on silly things.

EXCEPT WHEN THEY ARE ENDANGERING OTHERS!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbAhfThNoco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbAhfThNoco</a>

In this video we see several of these people blowing smoke on cyclists, an act that may cause accidents. They are also bragging about blasting smoke on the hippies who drive electric cars.

You know, I have on occasions gone shooting guns just for fun and have been known to launch fireworks as well. Both of those hobbies cause some pollution and are a waste of money, but the difference is that I don't go shooting my guns at people I don't like or try to hit someones Volvo with a rocket just because I don't like those cars.

And then their defense is basically "But them hippies are trying to destroy our way of life!" Still not a justification for assault with a car you morons...

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Rolling coal
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:16:44 am »
Someday, one of these morons is gonna do this to the wrong person and get shot.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »
I wanna stick a big potato in that exhaust pipe.  Seems like an appropriate revenge.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 03:18:36 am »
...What would happen if the exhaust pipe was plugged and stopped from releasing smoke entirely?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 03:21:14 am »
...What would happen if the exhaust pipe was plugged and stopped from releasing smoke entirely?

Something in the car ruptures and it becomes a thing that has to be repaired before it can be driven.  I'm guessing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 03:23:04 am »
No boom?

Aww.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 03:35:34 am »
Technically by "rupture" I mean "a part of the car has an explosion due to built up pressure"

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 05:04:51 am »
Ah, I see. Even so, I am smart enough to say while an interesting idea, it is not something I would do.

I watch CSI and Criminal Minds enough to know it does not end well.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:44 am »
Ah, I see. Even so, I am smart enough to say while an interesting idea, it is not something I would do.

I watch CSI and Criminal Minds enough to know it does not end well.

If CSI is anything to go by, it would end up with being described in artistically filmed flashbacks and with at least two people dying.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:41 pm »
CSI has fucked over law enforcement so badly its not even funny.  Everybody expects absolutely irrefutable evidence for everything because of its baleful influence.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:37:29 pm »
CSI has fucked over law enforcement so badly its not even funny.  Everybody expects absolutely irrefutable evidence for everything because of its baleful influence.

Yep. And it's just as reasonable an attitude as expecting NASA or ESA to perform like they do on Star Trek....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 03:12:30 pm »
Funnily enough, I remember that when CSI came to Finnish TV there was an article about it where the producer was talking about how he wanted to bring realism to TV-cop shows and to show the unseen stories of the crime scene investigators. Also there were claims that the episodes are based on real cases.

But then they had to have shootouts in the show because otherwise it is boring and they couldn't just let the CSI team do their job. They also handle the arrests and interrogations. Not to mention the thousands of things that they do wrong. The image enhancements and basically anything they do with computers are usually so over the top that they are ridiculous.

And now I will stop talking about this since the complaints just won't end.

Back to the original topic, if someone were to say, damage their cars would it be hypocritical of them to complain? After all the ones on the video (not all of them apparently are assaulting people that dangerously, some just like to blow some smoke.) are assaulting people and causing danger. Emptying some tires on the other hand would just be another escalation in this.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 07:03:42 pm »
CSIs absolutely should make mistakes. In the real world, they make very serious mistakes routinely.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 07:06:55 pm »
CSIs absolutely should make mistakes. In the real world, they make very serious mistakes routinely.
Really?  How bad is it?

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 07:57:39 pm »
Unrelated to the current discussion, but:

Rolling Coal, for when truck nuts don't say, "I'm a douche" enough.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!