Author Topic: Hundreds of Crazy Kids Storm Theater......  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Hundreds of Crazy Kids Storm Theater......
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:21:01 pm »
.....Why? Who the heck knows?!!!
http://www.people.com/article/hundreds-teens-storm-florida-movie-theater
It's said this whole mess involved a horde of perhaps 300-900 teens (depending on reports)! I'd love to know how this could happen. 300-900 teens is enough to make up the whole teen population of the town. Surely most kids aren't like these maniacs.

Somebody organized this, I'll bet. Got kids from all over the place!

I don't know what to make of it! What's with Florida & weirdos?!! You start off as a state noted for nice vacations, palm trees, sunshine, oranges & old people.....now you're known as some weird Twilight Zone of weirdos & maniacs doing stupid things! Even the politicians have gotten the "crazy-bug"!

I would love to know what would prompt hundreds of teens to come together in one accord and go, "Okay! Let's storm a movie theater, rob some stores and act like idiots!".

I mean, really....THREE to NINE HUNDRED KIDS!

I've heard of flash mobs but they're usually a couple dozen folks who do it to make a statement.

And anyone speculate one this?

P.S. Don't read the comments on these reports, the bigots are all over the place (a lot of the kids were apparently black though other ethnicities, including white, were present).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:24:29 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Hundreds of Crazy Kids Storm Theater......
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:00 pm »
Maybe it's some kind of weird flash mob thing?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »
Maybe it's some kind of weird flash mob thing?

The most epic flash mob ever. The theater was showing 50 Shades of Grey. Maybe some organized anti-50 Shades thing?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:30:18 pm »
You read the story right?  Seems this was some form of a riot or something.

Ironbite-not a flash mob but just a mob.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:54 pm »
50 Shades of Edgelord really is the modern equivalent of Naked Came the Stranger, isn't it?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:18:49 am »
http://www.wesh.com/news/hundreds-of-teens-cause-chaos-in-ocoee/31282224

There's the local TV news video in that link. This happened about five miles down the road from me. I think it was just a spontaneous gathering, made on social media somewhat like a flash mob, but just a spontaneous thing where young kids got so excited after a decent crowd showed up, that it just mushroomed from retweets/snapchat/fb/whatever. Significantly - police did not kill or brutalize any of them, and called the parents for the ones they did not need to arrest for actual crimes.

As to why crazy shit happens a lot in Florida? There's a lot of people here. We just passed New York state in population. The weather is nice, there's work and cheap shitty housing available, still lots of foreclosed houses to cook meth in, great place to grow weed - indoors or out in the many hectares of piney woods - and this is still a huge entry point for cocaine from Central and South America, so plenty of dealers, drug gangs, and addicts, etc. etc.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 11:19:15 am »
I'd love to know why hundreds of teens decided one day to riot and storm a movie theater and why?

Surely there's kids in this town that are decent kids who don't do stuff like this. Where the heck did HUNDREDS of kids come from? I swear, this must've been organized using malcontents from different towns....or the town itself is made up of weirdos like in Gummo. Must find the person or people who organized this!

RE-EDIT:
http://www.wesh.com/news/hundreds-of-teens-cause-chaos-in-ocoee/31282224

There's the local TV news video in that link. This happened about five miles down the road from me. I think it was just a spontaneous gathering, made on social media somewhat like a flash mob, but just a spontaneous thing where young kids got so excited after a decent crowd showed up, that it just mushroomed from retweets/snapchat/fb/whatever. Significantly - police did not kill or brutalize any of them, and called the parents for the ones they did not need to arrest for actual crimes.

As to why crazy shit happens a lot in Florida? There's a lot of people here. We just passed New York state in population. The weather is nice, there's work and cheap shitty housing available, still lots of foreclosed houses to cook meth in, great place to grow weed - indoors or out in the many hectares of piney woods - and this is still a huge entry point for cocaine from Central and South America, so plenty of dealers, drug gangs, and addicts, etc. etc.

So everybody in Florida is either senile, stoned or Mickey Mouse....Gotcha!

That explains it. It was probably some thing like "Let's flash-mob Fifty Shades of Grey for the lulz, *hurr hurr*" and they got more than they bargained for. More kids from all over the surrounding counties came and a few hoodlums along with them and a "Funny movie theater flash mob" morphed into "Epic town riot of hundreds!".

It's like the plot of an episode of The Cosby Show where a Theo, a decent kid, decides to throw a nice little party with friends...only for more to show up and it turns into Animal House (to Theo's chagrin).

[OFF TOPIC: Thanks to the whole Bill Cosby rape debacle, I'll never be able to enjoy his stuff again....and I LOVED BILL COSBY's COMEDY! Why must my fave comedian turn out to be likely a serial rapist?! WHY WHY?!!.....Now, back to Florida.....]

Well, at least the cops were reasonable officers and not thugs in blue......and that this craziness didn't involve a James Holmes wannabee.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:36:55 am by Barbarella »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:10 am »
50 Shades of Grey must have whipped them all into a frenzy.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 01:05:31 pm »
50 Shades of Grey must have whipped them all into a frenzy.

I saw what you did, there! 8)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:18 pm »
The town of Ocoee is right next door to Orlando city limits. I'm 5 minutes from downtown Orlando, the theatre is a 20 minute drive from me with the usual heavy traffic on Colonial Drive. There are about 2.5 million people in the immediate region in and around Orlando. Nobody who went to the theatre had to drive very far.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »
That's awful.  Those poor kids, subjected to a movie like that one. 
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:41 pm »
I see, so that unrelenting horror of a movie drove them all insane. That or Fifty Shades of Grey is Mr. Valentine's new Hate Plague.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 10:41:56 pm »
Well, the mystery's solved.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/18/fifty-shade-of-grey-teens-storm-theater_n_6709192.html?cps=gravity_1598_1861387303769797673
Kiddos wanted to watch the kinky movie action without paying or being over 17. The "gunshots" were actually fireworks. Just the usual teenage mischief (with heavy on the teen-count). There was no riot either.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 10:43:54 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/18/fifty-shade-of-grey-teens-storm-theater_n_6709192.html?cps=gravity_1598_1861387303769797673
Kiddos wanted to watch the kinky movie action without paying or being over 17. The "gunshots" were actually fireworks. Just the usual teenage mischief (with heavy on the teen-count). There was no riot either.

So, the news media jumped the gun again.  Why am I not surprised?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 10:41:39 am »

So, the news media jumped the gun again.  Why am I not surprised?

Same here.

The morons in the comments section are more troubling than the kids. Of course, a lot of those bigots could just be trolls.