Author Topic: Finnish parody song about Putin  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Finnish parody song about Putin
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:40:01 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI8I-S4Ld4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI8I-S4Ld4</a>

When it's not this late I may write a translation about the lyrics.

He makes jokes about Putin's PR stunts, height, corruption and how the people are getting poor while Putin lives in luxury.

(Last time Finns made a parody short about Putin the video was on Russian national TV hourly for a day, because they didn't realize it was making fun of him. I wonder if they do the same again?)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Finnish parody song about Putin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI8I-S4Ld4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI8I-S4Ld4</a>

When it's not this late I may write a translation about the lyrics.

He makes jokes about Putin's PR stunts, height, corruption and how the people are getting poor while Putin lives in luxury.

(Last time Finns made a parody short about Putin the video was on Russian national TV hourly for a day, because they didn't realize it was making fun of him. I wonder if they do the same again?)

Kind of hard to be not subtle when a tyrant can have you killed.  :P

That said. I can't wait for your translated version.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:57:12 pm »
Neither can I.

Even Then

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 02:20:43 am »
Okay, I really like translating stuff, so fuck it I'll make a translation too. But I'll put it in spoilers, so you can skip it and wait for askold's (probably superior) translation if you want to.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 03:10:13 am »
Just few minor fixes. It's oligarchs, not door candy. Together with the oligarchs he  steals the people's money, Alina gets a golden tattoo and since Finnish language does not have separate words for height and length Putin may be using that cannon barrel to compensate some other feature...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 03:11:12 am »
This is why you don't try to translate shit after a six-hour sleep. orz

Oh well, at least I tried. My mind's just not dirty enough right now.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »
Okay, I really like translating stuff, so fuck it I'll make a translation too. But I'll put it in spoilers, so you can skip it and wait for askold's (probably superior) translation if you want to.

(click to show/hide)

Maybe Alina's a wife or girlfriend of Putin....or a euphemism for a bimbo like "Bambi"or "Ginger" or something.

Can't wait for askold's take. That should settle things. Perhaps he can not only translate it but present it in a way that works in English, lyrics wise.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:24:48 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 01:19:21 am »
Actually I can't really make it much better than that...

Alina is probably Alina Kabayeva who is the "girlfriend" of Vladimir Putin. The articles seem to call her the "alleged" girlfriend or put it in quotation marks...

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »
Actually I can't really make it much better than that...

Alina is probably Alina Kabayeva who is the "girlfriend" of Vladimir Putin. The articles seem to call her the "alleged" girlfriend or put it in quotation marks...

Ah, Putin's "main squeeze". Just as I suspected.