Author Topic: Author claims he debunked Theory of Evolution  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Author claims he debunked Theory of Evolution
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:09 am »
Title says it all.  Some so-called scientist wrote a book claiming he found holes in the Theory of Evolution. 

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/27/world-changing-book-claims-to-dismantle-the-theory-of-evolut/21419324/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D65388492_htmlws-main-bb

For the record, I've read the author's other book, Science of God, and it's a load of crap.  Most of the time, he just flat out made up scientific phenomena and based his "theories" on those.  I know this because I looked up several of his theories and sources and none of them exist.

I'm so sick of people going out of their way to say science can't exist because of God.  You want to worship your deity, go ahead; the science doesn't stop that.  To me, it's nothing but a bunch of attempts at controlling people by pushing their sorry excuses for faith.

Maybe this should've gone in F&B because I think I did more venting than discussion.  But I wanted to show it anyway and wasn't sure which area to post.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Author claims he debunked Theory of Evolution
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:31 pm »
Well I guess that's that.  He said he debunked it so it's debunked.

Ironbite-good game people.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 05:25:29 am »
At one point, in Science of God, he said that most "miracles" could be attributed to a phenomenon known as Quantum Dissonance, where particles can randomly appear out of nowhere and this proves god.  First of all, there's no other mention of this theory Anywhere, and second . . .how the **** explaining something as natural prove a deity exists?

And yet this guy claims he knows better than Darwin, right.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:12:37 am »
Let me guess, this so-called scientist thinks that disproving evolution automatically proves that the Christian god is real, right? No need to positively prove the existence of not only some sort of sentient creator, but specifically the Christian deity, yeah? No, disproving evolution is all you need. After all, "we don't know", and "we do know, God did it" totally mean the same thing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 03:11:53 pm »
Title says it all.  Some so-called scientist wrote a book claiming he found holes in the Theory of Evolution. 

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/27/world-changing-book-claims-to-dismantle-the-theory-of-evolut/21419324/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D65388492_htmlws-main-bb

For the record, I've read the author's other book, Science of God, and it's a load of crap.  Most of the time, he just flat out made up scientific phenomena and based his "theories" on those.  I know this because I looked up several of his theories and sources and none of them exist.

Science of God was written by Gerald Schroeder, this book by Douglas Axe.

Anyway. Cdesign proponentsists back to doing their thing, I guess. I thought they'd given up by now.
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 04:28:57 pm »
If Cdesign proponents are descended from Creationists, why are there still Creationists?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 02:46:16 am »
If Cdesign proponents are descended from Creationists, why are there still Creationists?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!
That's it, it's sll over.

Where's my Chick tract?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 04:55:50 am »

Science of God was written by Gerald Schroeder, this book by Douglas Axe.

Anyway. Cdesign proponentsists back to doing their thing, I guess. I thought they'd given up by now.

The two books were mentioned together so I mixed up the authors.  My mistake.

Although that just means we have 2 idiots instead of just 1.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:34 pm »
Considering you can literally watch evolution happen that's quite a bold claim.