Author Topic: How about those trigger happy police officers?  (Read 10082 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: How about those trigger happy police officers?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 09:35:15 am »
I just wonder how big the mountain of corpses, on both sides, is going to get before someone realizes that the system is fucking broken and finally gets around to fixing it.  How many are going to have to die because of the bloodlust of a few control freaks?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 09:45:25 am »
Some people walk to the edge of an abyss and back away. Others jump off.

I'm not sure which way this is going to go but the heavily ingrained cowboy culture is going to push it in a certain direction quickly.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2016, 10:11:29 am »
I have already seen comments to the tune of "time to choose sides, start carrying a long arm." And I have no doubt that things will get worse before they get better.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:50 am »
Suspect was killed by a robot! Now it is only a matter of time before we see armed police drones in the streets and skies of USA. http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/08/dallas-police-chief-says-ambush-suspect-killed-blast-bomb-robot

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 11:19:43 am »
What do you mean matter of time?  We already have 'em.  They're being used.  Just not as publicly yet.

Ironbite-police get first crack on surplus military hardware, often without their consent it's just thrown at 'em.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:04 pm »
Yeah... soon as i can, i think i'll gtfo. Shit's getting far too hairy for me.

Just drive north. (Unless you're in Detroit, then drive south.)

And therein lies the problem. Also, I wanna finish tech school first.

Fair enough; I don't drive either. So take a train, take a bus, take a plane... just go north.

As for tech school, we've got a pretty good one where I live, but housing is stupidly expensive where I live.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:08 pm »

It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 11:46:01 pm »

With what, Walsh? Did you slap together Metal Gear Excelsus in your basement? There is no "Real America" to come after anyone.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2016, 12:35:07 am »
When you're making unironic references to Sarah Palin, you should probably just stop talking about politics. Find something to do that's less embarassing, like whacking off to My Little Pony fanfiction, or shitting your pants at family gatherings.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2016, 03:00:20 am »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHvppVEBTY

So this appeared on my Facebook wall. Apparently I haven't heard and don't know how to thoroughly debunk every one of these rhetorical point I guess because this is just tired fucking rhetoric that's been spewed out since BLM first showed up.

Side note: The only bit in there I hadn't seen before is that approximately the same number of unarmed whites are killed as unarmed blacks, which, as opposed to the video claiming this shows that white and black people are killed at the same rate, means that unarmed black people are killed by police FIVE TIMES MORE than unarmed white people.
Who needs a signature?

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2016, 06:15:32 am »
Side note: The only bit in there I hadn't seen before is that approximately the same number of unarmed whites are killed as unarmed blacks, which, as opposed to the video claiming this shows that white and black people are killed at the same rate, means that unarmed black people are killed by police FIVE TIMES MORE than unarmed white people.

I bet you can't name any of the white ones without the help of google.
I also bet you can rattle off the names of about a dozen of unarmed black people killed by police.

I wonder why this could possibly be?

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 06:20:35 am »
...Because unarmed black person is much more likely to get shot by police in USA than a white person and this is just one point of data pointing towards a systematic bias in US police?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2016, 04:07:49 am »

The journalist in me is gushing at this picture as a piece of photojournalism, but that's not what i want to talk about.

Various folks are comparing this to the famous Tienanmen Square picture. I think the comparison is hyperbole, but it does come across very similarly. We have a peaceful protester who is very obviously not a threat to anyone standing opposite of police officers who are excessively equipped for the situation.

And yet, the response from the usual suspects is exactly what I knew it would be.

"She's blocking traffic!"
"She's breaking the law!"
"The cops need to protects themselves!"
"The cops told the protesters to disperse!"

And so on and so fucking forth. Because apparently I should be more worried about a 100 or so pound woman standing peacefully than the small army of cops wearing gear more akin to an invasion force than a police service, driving around armored combat vehicles, using a sound cannon that was designed for use in war zones, carrying military issue weapons (with tear gas probably prepared for use in a moment's notice) and being more heavily armored than soldiers in Iraq. Yup, these guys are totally there to keep the peace and prevent anyone from getting hurt. They're TOTALLY not there to quell the protest and shut it down to prevent them from being heard.

Has this fucking country learned nothing from Ferguson and Baltimore?
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 04:28:34 am »
But don't forget, Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization and the black KKK.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:30 am »
Well you do have to admit that when the cops didn't have that much gear several of them were murdered in the previous protest by the same group...