Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387599 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1455 on: August 06, 2017, 09:37:06 pm »
Trump does not deserve a free pass for any of his horrible policies.

Neither does Obama.

Nor Bush Jr.

Nor Clinton.

Nor Bush Sr.

Nor Reagan...

But to blame Obama for Trump's major transgressions because of Obama's less serious transgressions is intellectually dishonest. What you say sounds good on paper, but it just provides defense for Assange's indefensible defense of Trump (but of course, Assange is just being kind to Trump...again).
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1456 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:54 pm »
Trump does not deserve a free pass for any of his horrible policies.

Neither does Obama.

Nor Bush Jr.

Nor Clinton.

Nor Bush Sr.

Nor Reagan...

But to blame Obama for Trump's major transgressions because of Obama's less serious transgressions is intellectually dishonest. What you say sounds good on paper, but it just provides defense for Assange's indefensible defense of Trump (but of course, Assange is just being kind to Trump...again).

I'm not blaming Obama for Trump's transgressions. Trump's transgressions are on Trump and Trump alone. But I will say that Obama transgressed (for instance, suspending habeas corpus), and point out when Trump's transgressions are continuations or escalations of Obama's (for instance, the drone war). Trump could have insisted on a repeal of the 2013 NDAA (at least to the extent that it suspended habeas corpus), and stopped the drone war. But he hasn't done the former and has escalated the latter. It would be dishonest not to point out that what Trump is doing is not new policy, and further not to point out that it's not Bush-era policy that was suspended during the Obama years and reinstated by Trump, but rather policy followed during the Obama years (possibly continued from the Bush years, possibly new) and carried over into the Trump administration.

By contrast, Obama had repealed a rule preventing the US from giving funds to programs that discuss abortion in other countries; Trump reinstated it. That's on Trump and only Trump. Obama did the right thing, Trump did the wrong thing. (Granted, this has been the standard for decades: the ban is in place during Republican administrations and lifted during Democratic administrations, but Trump could have broken that precedent by refusing to reinstate the ban. That he didn't is a black mark against him.)

Meanwhile, Ken Starr warned Bob Mueller not to go on a fishing expedition.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1457 on: August 07, 2017, 07:04:01 pm »
I saw the Ken Starr thing here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvWPC4lUSA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvWPC4lUSA</a>

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1458 on: August 08, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w7uEYcUcRw

"Don't kowtow to what centrist political pundits say. They live on their own planet and they're usually wrong."
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1459 on: August 08, 2017, 06:01:56 pm »
Oh fuck! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVC9S9o5jc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVC9S9o5jc</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1460 on: August 08, 2017, 06:05:07 pm »
Thank god we've got a State Department just bursting at the seams with people who are experienced with diplomacy and tact and can probably score huge points by defusing this situation.

Ironbite-..........right?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1461 on: August 08, 2017, 06:12:39 pm »
I'm looking around the world at the countries that have nukes and their political leadership.

And as near as I can tell, the only stable, sane one is France (I'd include the UK except that the Tories have to navigate a minority government working with the DUP, and who knows if May will last as Conservative leader, or whether there'll be an election that might see Corbyn end up as PM, or...).

We're fucked.

pyro

« Reply #1462 on: August 08, 2017, 06:20:52 pm »
I hope everybody here has a shelter and plenty of Brown Meat.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1463 on: August 08, 2017, 09:02:36 pm »
So Kim Jung Un is threatening to attack Guam. He can't be that stupid right?  They have a large army but with cold war technology they would be decimated. If they attack first I doubt China is going to aid them. Our idiot and chief can't keep his fucking mouth shut either. Can't we just put those two fat heads in a boxing ring together?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1464 on: August 08, 2017, 09:11:46 pm »
So Kim Jung Un is threatening to attack Guam. He can't be that stupid right?  They have a large army but with cold war technology they would be decimated. If they attack first I doubt China is going to aid them. Our idiot and chief can't keep his fucking mouth shut either. Can't we just put those two fat heads in a boxing ring together?

Needs more Khal Drogo
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1465 on: August 08, 2017, 11:54:46 pm »
Guam.

He's threatening Guam.

I doubt most Americans even know what Guam is, or somehow think he's threatening their guacamole.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1466 on: August 09, 2017, 12:19:34 am »
So Kim Jung Un is threatening to attack Guam. He can't be that stupid right?  They have a large army but with cold war technology they would be decimated.
I'd say the US military will destroy far more than just 1/10th of their North Korean counterpart if given half a chance.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1467 on: August 09, 2017, 05:42:14 am »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/how-a-pro-trump-twitter-scheme-fell-apart-after-a-retweet?utm_term=.dgb4Xbr9l#.mp0ZPK9Ek

...Does Trump even have real supporters at this point? Is it just bots and trolls and GOPers who are waiting for the moment to turn against him and give the throne to Pence?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1468 on: August 09, 2017, 06:11:48 am »
Don't forget, all of the black supporters proven to be bots? The pictures were brightened from the placeit photos they were taken from to make them appear lighter-skinned.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #1469 on: August 09, 2017, 04:55:31 pm »
Guam.

He's threatening Guam.

I doubt most Americans even know what Guam is, or somehow think he's threatening their guacamole.

As a regular on the main page, I always think of notorious Fundie pedophile David J. Stewart whenever Guam comes up--he's basically in exile there.  Thanks a lot, DJ Stupid, for making me think of you instead of Guam's people.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:57:19 pm by Dr. Weird »
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.