Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388475 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1485 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:03 am »
Yeah, there's the obvious fact that Donald Trump Jr tweeted about his attempt to gain intelligence from the Russians. That's a separate issue from the DNC leak though.

So you can be entirely consistent and say that that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia and the DNC shot themselves repeatedly in the foot.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:05:43 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1486 on: August 13, 2017, 01:33:20 am »
So rather than a Russian spy hacking the DNC there was a Russian spy or USAian traitor in the DNC?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1487 on: August 13, 2017, 01:43:07 am »
So rather than a Russian spy hacking the DNC there was a Russian spy or USAian traitor in the DNC?
Or just a plain old party operative with an axe to grind.

It's entirely possible that the leak had nothing to do with Russia but Russia was still looking for ways to undermine the Clinton campaign. Certainly the Trump campaign took up the Russian offer to get intelligence from them for this stated purpose.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1488 on: August 13, 2017, 02:16:27 am »
Or just a plain old party operative with an axe to grind.

It's entirely possible that the leak had nothing to do with Russia but Russia was still looking for ways to undermine the Clinton campaign. Certainly the Trump campaign took up the Russian offer to get intelligence from them for this stated purpose.

Except that we already know that Russian agents altered the files. That has been proven. When it was released by a Russia based hacker the files had been edited and the "digital fingerprints" (I'm a luddite and this is way above what I know about computers) showed that the files had been modified by a user with a program that was in Russian language.

EDIT: "...plain old party operative with an axe to grind." That's spelled "traitor." If I get angry at my employer and leak secrets to a rival company that is espionage, if I get angry at my country or political party and leak information from them to a foreign agent that is also espionage and I have committed treason.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:18:20 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1489 on: August 13, 2017, 02:25:18 am »
The reason I'm bringing up Trump Jr's meeting with the Russians is that it's very clear that even if the articles claims are true, the Trump campaign was still in very deep with the Russians in a partisan attempt to derail the Clinton campaign by any and all means.

And that's a big "if"...

The article lays the blame of the deterioration of Russia/US relation entirely on the DNC leak. I'm saying that even if the articles claims re: the leak are true, that it was an inside job, it wouldn't make any difference because of the established fact that the Russians were trying to aid Trump. This fact doesn't rest on Russian involvement in the DNC leak. It's independently established.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1490 on: August 14, 2017, 07:34:12 pm »
Speaking of Trump waffling on denouncing white supremacists, remember when Republicans were mildly respectable on the matter?

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/conventions/san.diego/transcripts/0815/dole.fdch.shtml

Let me speak about immigration. Yes. Let me speak about immigration. The right and obligation of a sovereign nation to control its borders is beyond debate. We should not have here a single illegal immigrant.

But the question of immigration is broader than that, and let me specific. A family from Mexico arrives this morning legally has as much right to the American Dream as the direct descents of the Founding Fathers.

The Republican Party is broad and inclusive. It represents -- The Republican Party is broad and inclusive. It represents many streams of opinion and many points of view.

But if there's anyone who has mistakenly attached themselves to our party in the belief that we are not open to citizens of every race and religion, then let me remind you, tonight this hall belongs to the Party of Lincoln. And the exits which are clearly marked are for you to walk out of as I stand this ground without compromise.

The Constitution of the United States mandates equal protection under the law. This is not code language for racism. It is plain speaking against it.

And the guiding light in my administration will be that in this country, we have no rank order by birth, no claim to favoritism by race, no expectation of judgment other than it be even-handed. And we cannot guarantee the outcome, but we shall guarantee the opportunity in America.

I disagree with most of the rest of what Sen. Dole said in that speech, but he was spot on there.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1491 on: August 14, 2017, 09:04:20 pm »
He finally decided to condemn white supremacists:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/14/trump-denounces-kkk-neo-nazis-as-justice-department-launches-civil-rights-probe-into-charlottesville-death/

Will he stop pandering to them? Or is this just paying lip service to lower the pressure? I'm leaning towards the latter.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1492 on: August 14, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »
I'm sure he doesn't mean it and his white supremacists followers don't believe it either.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1493 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:55 pm »
it took less time for the Tiki Company to condemn this modern-day lynch mob than our president.

Tiki. Fucking, Tiki condemned this before our president.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1494 on: August 14, 2017, 10:10:31 pm »
And then he was right back on blaming the media for not giving him enough credit.

Ironbite-no clue and this man supposedly has amazing charisma.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1495 on: August 14, 2017, 11:13:42 pm »
And then he was right back on blaming the media for not giving him enough credit.

Ironbite-no clue and this man supposedly has amazing charisma.

He's a fascist pandering to know-nothing's and whataboutists like Lana
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1496 on: August 15, 2017, 04:23:18 pm »
https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/we-fight-for-the-users/

The Trump DoJ is seeking the IP addresses of people who used a website central to organizing the Inauguration Day protests.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1497 on: August 15, 2017, 05:22:04 pm »
This shit is getting scary, and it's only beginning.
Now there's 9 more White Nationalist Rallies being held this weekend, and Trump is refusing to condemn this hate group. Instead still placing blame on both sides.
Now the term Alt Left is being thrown around as if that's a thing.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1498 on: August 15, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
So Trump just gave a press conference in which, talking about Charlottesville, he said, "there are very fine people on both sides..."
In other words, the President of the US just said on live international TV that there are very fine Nazis.

I have a question for you, America: WTF??!!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1499 on: August 15, 2017, 06:09:23 pm »
This shit is getting scary, and it's only beginning.
Now there's 9 more White Nationalist Rallies being held this weekend, and Trump is refusing to condemn this hate group. Instead still placing blame on both sides.
Now the term Alt Left is being thrown around as if that's a thing.

Sometimes, condemning both sides is appropriate, but not here. Unless the counterprotestors killed somebody too, the alt-rightists were definitely in the wrong here.

So Trump just gave a press conference in which, talking about Charlottesville, he said, "there are very fine people on both sides..."
In other words, the President of the US just said on live international TV that there are very fine Nazis.

I have a question for you, America: WTF??!!

I blame the DNC.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.