Author Topic: Attempted terrorist attack at Mecca  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Attempted terrorist attack at Mecca
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:39:26 am »
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2017/06/23/Saudi-security-forces-foil-terrorist-operation-targeting-Grand-Mosque-in-Mecca.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/24/saudi-security-foils-terror-plot-targeting-mecca-grand-mosque

Some sources I saw are already accusing Daesh. The local security forces discovered the plot before a suicide bomb attack was done.

In dawn raids on Mecca and the Red Sea city of Jeddah officers arrested suspects before surrounding the bomber’s location close to the Grand Mosque.

“Unfortunately he started shooting towards security personnel once he noticed their presence in the area, which led to an exchange of fire before he blew himself up,” Turki said.

The blast partially collapsed the building where he had taken refuge, injuring six pilgrims, Turki said.

Yet another example of how Islamic terrorists aren't just attacking non-Muslims. Much like white supremacists going after "race traitors," Finnish Neo-Nazis attacking people who they think aren't intolerant enough or Stalin purging his party and military... These people make a very fine definition of "us" vs "them" but more often than not these definitions are merely an excuse to hate people and anyone can be labeled as the feared "them."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Attempted terrorist attack at Mecca
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 04:42:32 am »
Al Qaeda from whence ISIS sprang has had a beef with Saudi Arabia going back to the 1991 Gulf War. Osama Bin Laden was very unhappy with Saudi Arabia allowing US bases on Saudi soil which he considered holy ground. He'd offered the Saudis to let him and his militants chase Saddam out of Kuwait instead but they laughed him off.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:20:43 pm »
I'm guessing it's white nationalists.

Wouldn't want to jump to islamophobic conclusions eh?

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:32:23 am »
I'm guessing it's white nationalists.

Wouldn't want to jump to islamophobic conclusions eh?
"What does this have to do with cultural politics that rustles the jimnies of Sun readers?"

Your contribution to the discussion!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:37:12 am »
Are the pilgrims in the building this guy exploded near okay now?
I'm assuming they should be since this is considered a failed attack and I hope the best for them.