Community > Politics and Government

US border patrol: We'd rather have undocumented immigrants die

(1/2) > >>

dpareja:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/22/arrest-no-more-deaths-border-patrol-water-sabotage-migrants

A member of a group called No More Deaths has been arrested for giving food, water and clothing to undocumented immigrants.

The arrest came hours after the group posted videos of a border guard dumping out bottles of water that the group leaves out in the Arizona desert so that people attempting to cross do not die of dehydration in the attempt. No More Deaths takes no position on whether the crossing is successful or not, only that, wherever those attempting end up, in the US or back in their home country, they are still alive.

So there is now a crackdown on people trying to help undocumented immigrants in the US.

And who's next?

Priests.

Many priests will give shelter to people facing deportation, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see immigration officials raiding churches and rectories to round up those being sheltered there and arresting those giving the shelter, namely, the priests and pastors of those churches--people who are trying to live what they consider the values of their religion.

ironbite:
We have fallen so far as a country in the past year.  I have no idea where we go from here.

Ironbite-just disgusting.

Id82:
Labor camps?

RavynousHunter:
Well, at least they're consistent in their utter hatred of undocumented immigrants.  Like, dude, I get that what they're doing is against the law, and asinine as the law might be, there ought to be a punishment for it...I just don't think death is quite appropriate for what amounts to hopping your neighbour's fence.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: RavynousHunter on January 28, 2018, 09:50:43 pm ---Well, at least they're consistent in their utter hatred of undocumented immigrants.  Like, dude, I get that what they're doing is against the law, and asinine as the law might be, there ought to be a punishment for it...I just don't think death is quite appropriate for what amounts to hopping your neighbour's fence.

--- End quote ---

DAMN WETBACKS, GET OFF MAH LAWN! (cocks rifle, fires)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version