Author Topic: IMPORTANT THINGS  (Read 9250 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: IMPORTANT THINGS
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 09:56:59 pm »
Don't see many important things here. Just whining about thrones and the asses that sit on them.

The reason why it matters is because of property rights. The entire Kingdom of England was the property of the Kings. Therefore it is a violation of property rights for the heirs of John Beaufort to be deprived of what their rightful property.

Who the fuck is John Beaufort? Actually, don't even answer that, I don't care.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care either.

It's pretty hard to care... when you're dead.

I don't think J-man the jeans jizzer cares either. As opposed to the centuries old Norman toff

Art Vandelay

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 11:27:02 pm »
I disagree with all of you. By all reasonable accounts, the crowns of England, Scotland, France, Jamaica and pretty much everywhere else rightfully belong to me. This is of course due to the Fuck You laws of 1467 and the ever popular Treaty of Suck My Big Fat One of 1630, in which absolute authority over the entire world and all of its filthy peasants was legally agreed upon to be my property. Agreed upon by who? Nobody knows, but they are official, totally legitimate documents written on real parchment by a bunch of inbred feudalists and therefore the ultimate authority of everything. Anyone who disagrees is not a True Patriot and an all around bumface.

In that alternate universe how are you possibly that old, and why did the people around the world want YOU to rule over them?

Because we've seen him whip it out.

See? This guy gets it.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 12:38:17 am »
As to the property rights thing, I wouldn't care at all - and nowadays I don't imagine many would care to be ruled by someone based on "do you know who my ancestor 500 years ago was? I am more legitimate based on my distant ancestors as opposed to who you have now."

And again - try going to Britain and starting shit.

Until then I'll gladly mock your obsession with Jim Bixburp and his claim to legally fart on a certain throne.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 01:28:10 am »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:22:30 am by Skybison »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 05:37:06 am »
Well, y'see Jackoffite, how would you feel if someone forced you to piss on your Bible and swear allegiance to some other deity or belief? And all the people who did this would say is "we're better than you. We get to make your choices for you."

(I propose we auto-correct Jacobite to Jackoffite in light of his proclivities)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2018, 05:48:05 am »
You know what I will say? Our resident denim lover's ramblings about feudal succession has gotten me back into Crusader Kings 2. Decided to try something different, so I went with the chief of the Isle of Mann. Got a very successful trade/piracy based economy up and running a lot sooner than I thought I would. The current plan is to become a trade republic and eventually kick the Muslims out of Iberia and replace them with either Christian or Germanic client states ruled by my kinsmen.

Should be fun, methinks.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2018, 06:14:49 am »
I hate to defend Jacob, but the "smallpox blankets" narrative is probably a myth. There was only one documented attempt to do so, during the 1763 Siege of Fort Pitt. Furthermore, it was done by British military officers, not the American government (since there was no American government as we know it at the time), and we don't even know if it was successful.

That being said, he's still full of shit regarding just about everything else, as dpareja so skillfully pointed out. But I'd like to add a few things of my own.

"Primitive tribal civilization?" Much of our constitution was inspired by the Iroquois Confederacy, as was pointed out earlier. You also can't ignore the facts that "settling out west" all too often involved displacing the natives who were already there, and "native assimilation" tended to be done by force.

The Iroquois Confederacy May have inspired our constitution but they were far from being an advanced civilization like Europe.

How do you define "advanced civilization?"

Advanced civilization is civilization that has cities, currency, writing, historical records, written laws, scholars, and scientists. That is what Europe had which most native tribes in North America did not have.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2018, 06:18:45 am »
Well, y'see Jackoffite, how would you feel if someone forced you to piss on your Bible and swear allegiance to some other deity or belief? And all the people who did this would say is "we're better than you. We get to make your choices for you."

(I propose we auto-correct Jacobite to Jackoffite in light of his proclivities)

I am no longer a Jacobite because the Jacobite line of succession comes from the House of Stuart which ruled in the 1600s. My research shows that the Jacobite line of succession is not legitimate either because the Stuarts are descended from Henry VII and does not follow the male primogeniture line of succession of hte descendants of John Beaufort.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 06:23:47 am »
Why was forced conversions bad? 

Here this should answer your question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLd_jtMdrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrJNUCQ-r4

Those crimes against the natives were done in Canada which was part of the British Empire, not America. The British Empire committed far worse crimes against indigenous peoples than America ever did based on what happened to the natives in Canada, the aborigines in Australia, blacks in Africa under British rule etc.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 06:27:56 am »

Those crimes against the natives were done in Canada which was part of the British Empire, not America. The British Empire committed far worse crimes against indigenous peoples than America ever did based on what happened to the natives in Canada, the aborigines in Australia, blacks in Africa under British rule etc.

Eh, I come from California - back before we were a liberal den of Hollywood and celebrity, there was unquestionably a genocide against the local Native Americans by the American Government. As in, people ran for public office in the United States based on "I will commit genocide on these Indians".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2018, 06:31:41 am »
Incidentally, a red flag for someone being ignorant, a hack, a racist, or some combination of the preceding is emphasizing that Andrew Jackson was a DEMOCRAT when it's brought up how fucking awful that shithead was.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 06:34:55 am »
Look at those goalposts move.

"Advanced civilization" my ass. It seems to me that our good friend Harrison here has already approved of murder, rape, robbery, forcing people to act against the sexual identity and all kinds of nasty stuff and it is always for the same reason. "It's OK when I or people I like are doing it."

Now, that's not how it works. There really is nothing distinguishing Harrison's justification from those that Art made in jest.

Any law that is based on "it is OK when I do it" is nothing but tyranny or corruption.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 02:52:49 pm »

Eh, I come from California - back before we were a liberal den of Hollywood and celebrity, there was unquestionably a genocide against the local Native Americans by the American Government. As in, people ran for public office in the United States based on "I will commit genocide on these Indians".

There was warfare, forced relocation, and civilian casulties but it was not genocide because most of the deaths happened accidentally due to small pox. The US wanted to mine gold in California which would help the economy but the natives attacked the American settlers causing the war. What matters is who attacked who first.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 03:35:48 pm »

There was warfare, forced relocation, and civilian casulties but it was not genocide because most of the deaths happened accidentally due to small pox. The US wanted to mine gold in California which would help the economy but the natives attacked the American settlers causing the war. What matters is who attacked who first.

You are aware that there's such a thing as disproportionate retribution, right?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 03:45:22 pm »
Concentration camps, SEVERAL forced relocations, the reservations, the government trying to destroy their culture and language by assaulting children who speak their mother tongue, Wounded knee, several wars, offering bounties for Indian scalps (regardless of age or sex) and the list goes on...

But I suppose you still believe in "Manifest destiny" and can condone all of this, am I right?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!