Author Topic: PROOF THAT GOD RAISED SOMEONE FROM THE DEAD! THIS WILL CONVERT YOU!  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: PROOF THAT GOD RAISED SOMEONE FROM THE DEAD! THIS WILL CONVERT YOU!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:45:16 pm »
Look, proof of an anecdote of dubious provenance, also of annoying background music.

Yes Jacob, you have converted me to believe that anecdotes exist, shitty music too!

Will you oink now?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 04:48:55 pm »
Look, proof of an anecdote of dubious provenance, also of annoying background music.

Yes Jacob, you have converted me to believe that anecdotes exist, shitty music too!

Will you oink now?

But how do you explain his testimony?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

Will you oink now?

The same way I'd explain most improbable testimony before an audience who wants to believe. People love them some attention! Poor old sot probably doesn't get out much.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 05:51:20 pm »

Will you oink now?

OINK YOU MOTHERFUCKER, OINK!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 06:10:11 pm »
I would have been more convinced without the music and if I had heard from the ambulance officers.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 08:22:58 pm »
One person claiming something != proof. For example. I now officially claim the text between the following two sets of quotation marks. "The world is a disc, and rests upon the back of four elephants that stand upon a turtle. Once there was a fifth elephant, but it fell off, and later crashed into the disc." I claimed it. Just now. Right here. In front of everyone. Doesn't mean it's true.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 10:30:14 pm »
If God was Omniscient and Omnipotent and the creator of the universe, it knows exactly what would have been necessary in the creation of humans so that all people believed in God. Yet still people exist who are unbelievers and atheists. So either:

1. God isn't Omnipotent and Omniscient;
2. God doesn't care whether we believe in it;
3. God doesn't exist.

And no it isn't an issue of free will. Merely showing its existence does not negate free will. In fact having a proper level of information is necessary for free will and choice to operate. Examples of humans choosing not to follow god despite being aware of its existence are reflected in the bible.
EG
The Israelites despite seeing Jahweh on the mountain as Moses went up to get the 10 Commandments, still chose to make a golden calf instead.

(In any event I will never be converted by a coward who shirks a duel of swinging cocks)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 01:08:13 am »
This morning while I was walking to work I was attacked by a Utahraptor, killed and eaten.  But as I died I suddenly saw God who told me he had a message for Jacob and brought me back to life to give it.  Jacob, God wants you to have gay sex with every man on this forum.  It's vital for him to defeat Satan.  So hop to it.

And if you don't believe me, how do you explain my testimony?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 01:18:17 am »
*Unzps pants and rubs butter on nipples*

Whenever you're ready, Jakey boy.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 04:52:02 am »
Few centuries ago when some random guy was accused of being a werewolf he testified that yes, he is a werewolf but that he belongs to a pack of God's chosen warriors who turn into wolves and then fight Satan at the center of the Earth to protect humanity.

The Inquisition (a Catholic organization BEFORE Vatican 2: Ecumenical boogaloo) released him.

How can you refute that?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!