Author Topic: Faux news thread  (Read 7036 times)

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
Faux news thread
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
OK, so, the goal here is to make up fake but likely news stories, and then see which ones people find the most believable.
I'll start off:
Libraries banned due to rider inserted by copyright industry.
A small rider in a recently passed bill concerning subsidizing organic farms has changed the definition of copyright infringement to: "[T]he unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material by any means, including but not limited to digital, mechanical, or loan." This provision was thought to have been inserted overnight, as it was discovered after being passed and signed this morning and nobody had any memory of its presence before. There has been speculation that it was inserted by copyright lobbyists, as there was a meeting overnight in congress, the same time it is thought to have been inserted. Under the new definition, libraries would be liable for massive copyright infringement.
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: Faux news thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:19:08 pm »
So... this must be how conspiracy theories start.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Faux news thread
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »
Look I know you're trying to make this like the other forums but we've already got a thread like that in another forum.