Author Topic: George Zimmerman...again...  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: George Zimmerman...again...
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 07:57:36 pm »
Am I the only one here who thinks that gun belongs in a museum or something?

Yes you are Indy.

Ironbite-now why should it belong in a museum?

Because I think it might be a good piece in an exhibition on race relations.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 08:19:29 pm »
With the nightstick that beat Rodney King. Maybe we could get some rope from some lynchings.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 08:28:40 pm »
I'm betting Trump buys the gun as a prop for the campaign trail.

Actually I bet he makes Zimmerman his running mate.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »
Am I the only one here who thinks that gun belongs in a museum or something?

It's always...an experience to get a little unfiltered glimpse into your mind, UP.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 10:46:02 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/george-zimmerman-gun-auction-1.3578581

And then he listed it on another site... only to have that site go down a few minutes later.

After one online gun auction site rejected George Zimmerman's ad to sell the pistol he used to kill unarmed African American teenager Trayvon Martin, another website has agreed to allow it.

The website for United Gun Group posted the new link to the gun with a statement from Zimmerman on Thursday afternoon. However, the site apparently went down a few minutes later. The site calls itself a "social market place for the firearms community."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 10:54:50 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/george-zimmerman-gun-auction-1.3578581

And then he listed it on another site... only to have that site go down a few minutes later.

After one online gun auction site rejected George Zimmerman's ad to sell the pistol he used to kill unarmed African American teenager Trayvon Martin, another website has agreed to allow it.

The website for United Gun Group posted the new link to the gun with a statement from Zimmerman on Thursday afternoon. However, the site apparently went down a few minutes later. The site calls itself a "social market place for the firearms community."

I'm not jumping to conclusions.  It might just be a coincidence.  Or maybe Zimmerman's a jinx.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 01:12:06 pm »
The site's web hosting service may have reacted quickly and shut 'em off due to fear of bad publicity and lawsuits. Or somebody did a denial of service attack and crashed the site that way.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 04:09:22 pm »
And is there any surprise that trolling is occurring?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/bids-for-the-gun-that-george-zimmerman-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin-rocket-past-53-million/

Fake bidders with names like Weedlord Bonerhitler, Racist McShootface, and Donald Trump helped drive George Zimmerman’s gun auction past $65 million on Friday morning, according to News 965. The site later showed that the fake accounts had been deleted.

Online bids for the gun, which had an initial reserve price of $5,000 — already far above the market value of a secondhand weapon — rocketed overnight Thursday and into Friday after it was listed on unitedgungroup.com, with five days left to go in the sale.

However, it was difficult to verify the validity of the bids, with participants using obvious pseudonyms and seemingly bidding against themselves as the price climbed past $53 million.

The auction site did not appear to have any restrictions on who could bid for the weapon and did not request down payments.

Though, to echo Skybison, can we be 100% certain "Donald Trump" isn't actually Donald Trump?
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.