Author Topic: 2014 December Holidays  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
2014 December Holidays
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:21:41 pm »
What are your Holiday plans?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: 2014 December Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:06:26 pm »
Taking the kids to see their grandparents and enjoying a family Christmas. Starting with my side of the family and then going to wife's side of the family. On new year we are also going to my brother's for the christening of his twins.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 07:26:56 pm »
Going to a potluck at my grandma's house with the whole family.

Hope to make my stepdad really uncomfortable, and "tutor" my dear little niece Isabela into becoming like me, due to my discovery that her parents and likely other relatives spank her and use such barbaric methods to "discipline" her.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
I'm going to work 2 hours early tomorrow. At 5 AM.

Christmas sucks.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »
I'm visiting family who live about two hours away by train, but since there's no evening train (or bus) back, I can't return the same day as I would normally but have to spend around $90 on a hotel for the night. (They have dogs, and I'm a bit sensitive to dander, so I'm not about to stay at their place overnight.)

And then the morning train is way too early for me to catch reasonably, so instead of a nice train ride back, I'm taking the bus and seeing the sights of the highway. Blarg.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:38:35 pm »
Working xmas eve. Xmas morning presents. Then a big Chinese food lunch. After that I'll probably take the dog for a walk.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 09:49:36 pm »
Big, traditional Christmas dinner with the family, followed by exchanging presents on Christmas day. Should be a good time.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:11:23 pm »
Christmas dinner with my grandmother and my nieces (all three of them.)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 01:33:34 am »
Having the biggest Christmas celebration in years, with my mother's entire extended family in town, 16 all together. There's my parents, me and my three siblings, my grandparents, my uncle, his daughter, my aunt, her husband, her two sons, her daughter, and said daughter's husband. It's glorious.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:46 am »
The Day of Spawning is today.

Ironbite-so there's that.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »
Military professionals showing their soft side.

NORAD's Santa Tracker. Send it to your favorite little relatives!

They put quite a bit of effort into this. Here's one of several "live cam" updates they made. There's a play arrow on the left of the sat map on NORAD's site.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDuasKt-dSg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDuasKt-dSg</a>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 03:45:53 pm »
Actually, the Santa Tracker got its start from a typo in a Sears-Roebuck ad, apparently.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/norad-santa-tracker-christmas-tradition-began-with-a-wrong-number-1.2883284

NORAD's Santa Tracker is an annual Christmas tradition that began back in December 1955, when a straight-laced military man decided to be a good sport in response to a newspaper typo that prompted kids to call his top-secret hotline.

As the story goes, Sears Roebuck & Co. had placed an advertisement in a Colorado Springs newspaper telling kids to call a phone number so they could talk to Santa.

However, the number was wrong.

Instead of Santa, the five-year-old child who called the number seeking the man in the red suit got Col. Harry Shoup, the operations commander at the Continental Air Defence Command in Colorado.

The colonel realized what had happened after getting more calls and had his staff give the kids updates on where the unidentified flying object that looked like a sleigh was.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 07:02:38 pm »
Just unloaded the presents from the car. Christ, I wish I didn't have a huge family sometimes.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »
Got together with my parents, my sister and brother-in-law at the beach house. Should be fun.
Σא

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 01:22:00 am »
Well my night went about the same as it does every year. Family from my dad's side of the family came over and we had dinner and opened presents. Most of what I got was cash, which will likely get spent on tools for various projects. Maybe use it finally get around to restoring my lathe.

Happy Heath's Warming Eve everyone.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov