Author Topic: More proof that Catholicism is true  (Read 8500 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: More proof that Catholicism is true
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 06:42:36 pm »
Also, keeping the "tempting mortals to test their piety" thing in mind, wouldn't tempting Eve to sin just be...Satan doing his job, which he did again in the Book of Job?

Satan charged that Job was only faithful because his life was full of blessings, a fair enough point to make - can you count on the faithfulness of a guy when he's only known success and you haven't seen how he is in the midst of failure?

Satan then received God's approval to go ahead with his duties - test Job's piety.

It is in the Book of Job we see Satan as an Angel. He freely circulates in Heaven, and converses directly with God.

This Christian source I found says that Lucifer =/= Satan. http://ap.lanexdev.com/APContent.aspx?category=11&article=1091

But God punished the serpent by cursing him above the wild livestock.

It’s true that Lucifer is a term that means morning Star because Jesus himself calls himself the morning star. In Isiah Satan was also called a morning Star, so the term Lucifer is a term to both. https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/who-or-what-was-lucifer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 08:14:54 pm »
As I said, Satan is identified with the serpent, not as it. Some allege the Serpent is Lilith, who became a Demon. Never in the Genesis story is Satan explicitly said to be the serpent.

And in your own statement you just said multiple individuals are associated with the term Morning Star. Lucifer however has the most associations with it.

haSatan is the exact term used for this specific entity. It carries connotations of prosecution and opposition in the court sense.

Whereas Lucifer was identified pre-fall as Helel, or Shining One.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 08:18:07 pm »
This is what happens when someone is brought up to trust the scriptures of their religion to a third party rather than reading the bloody things!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 08:47:35 pm »
As I said, Satan is identified with the serpent, not as it. Some allege the Serpent is Lilith, who became a Demon. Never in the Genesis story is Satan explicitly said to be the serpent.

And in your own statement you just said multiple individuals are associated with the term Morning Star. Lucifer however has the most associations with it.

haSatan is the exact term used for this specific entity. It carries connotations of prosecution and opposition in the court sense.

The serpent is either Lilith or Satan.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »

So which one is it, O Wise Scripture-Knowing Orthodox Catholic? Please, do enlighten us poor, stupid atheists and skeptics.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2018, 02:54:11 am »
...AND ONE MYTHOLOGY BUFF!

Alright, Jacob, if you are so knowledgeable about Biblical Myth and such, tell me what meaning there is behind the Angel Samael's title as "the Poison of God". Without going to Wikipedia or such.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2018, 07:52:02 am »

So which one is it, O Wise Scripture-Knowing Orthodox Catholic? Please, do enlighten us poor, stupid atheists and skeptics.

I don’t know all the answers. If you are curious to find out, you should convert to Cathplicism so that you can find out in heaven.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2018, 07:57:13 am »
...AND ONE MYTHOLOGY BUFF!

Alright, Jacob, if you are so knowledgeable about Biblical Myth and such, tell me what meaning there is behind the Angel Samael's title as "the Poison of God". Without going to Wikipedia or such.

Samael is called the Poison of God in the false religion of Judaism not Christianity. He is based on the real Satan.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2018, 04:14:38 pm »
And you Johnny-come-lately's who kept rewriting and re editing your books for centuries are the more reliable source of information? Oh please!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2018, 06:11:33 pm »
And the particularly Orthodox Jews would say you adhere to the false religion of Catholicism, whereas they have the oldest texts and closest materials to the original word of YHVH.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2018, 08:13:12 pm »
And the particularly Orthodox Jews would say you adhere to the false religion of Catholicism, whereas they have the oldest texts and closest materials to the original word of YHVH.

Christians has the Old Testament as well. Modern Judaism also hasn’t the Talmud which was written after Christianity, so Christianity does have older texts.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2018, 11:27:34 am »
You know what? I think Jacob may have been right all along. It's still too early to say, but I think this could be a serious game changer.