Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090063 times)

Offline myusername

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 07:05:03 am »
Not to mention it's more difficult for workers to get better conditions if there is high unemployment as there's always that threat hanging over your head...It's easier to demand a better job & pay if labour is scarce, not so much if there's a large "industrial reserve army"... And we can't have the proletariat demanding better conditions can we? Might cut into the profits of the capitalists, and that's just not on is it? [/marxian analysis]

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:34 am »
Exactly. That’s one of the reasons so called “right to work” is totally BS, too. For unions to work, you need solidarity.
-A Pen Name

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »
2. I love how this jackass is bitching about unemployment, well you know the republicans aren't exactly helping with it, instead they would rather focus on going

I am beginning to think they don’t want to help solve unemployment because then there would be fewer unemployed people—both liberal and conservative—that they could insult and feel superior to.

I don't think they want to at all, but asshast like this guy lap up the kool-aid. Also on the subject of being "proud" of the US, I'm sorry but please explain to how I'm suppose to be proud that we're in a country that is behind countries that we helped put back together after WWII, we've regressed, that is pathetic.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »
Not to mention it's more difficult for workers to get better conditions if there is high unemployment as there's always that threat hanging over your head...It's easier to demand a better job & pay if labour is scarce, not so much if there's a large "industrial reserve army"... And we can't have the proletariat demanding better conditions can we? Might cut into the profits of the capitalists, and that's just not on is it? [/marxian analysis]

I'm not sure that's even Marxist any more. It's pretty much confirmed that wages stagnate in periods of high unemployment.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2012, 06:09:59 pm »
Its Marxist because it sympathizes with poor people.  [/randroid]
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »

Exactly. I've seen this in small town Ohio -not many jobs exist anymore, so the ones that still exist have become more competitive and some tend to overwork their employers and they are often treated worse (the company can always find more willing workers because jobs are so scarce). This is why I moved the hell out of that region!

But I still visit different small towns and it's always the same -some working seven days a week (one guy worked the entire summer with only one day off, for example) and sever others went through cycles of working for a few months, getting laid off, having to take crappier jobs in the meantime (as in worse conditions).

A few years ago, I had no choice but to take a job in one of those small towns at what was considered a nice place to work...it was not fun. The work hours were ok and the conditions weren't bad, but the pay was shit and everyone yelled at each other all the time -even the people in the office!  I probably heard a loud, cuss-filled argument about once a week...and I was in the office area! Terrible communication and people skills! Ditched that place and headed to an urban area in short order.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2012, 06:18:06 pm »

I'm sure that same sentance was used during women's sufferage and the civil rights movement.

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »
Oh no, change!! How will we cope?! I mean a successful transformation of society has never happened before right??!!
[/sarc]

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:01 pm »
As they say: The only thing constant is change. As such, the country is always transforming. It is only a matter of what it is transforming into.
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

I'm sure that same sentance was used during women's sufferage and the civil rights movement.

How about you stop transforming our country into the 1880s?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2012, 10:48:33 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2012, 11:41:21 pm »
Good heavens, the rest of the world has enough stupid to deal with already, why the hell are we giving them our stupid, too!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 03:19:37 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if those guys don't even know what that sign says.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 05:22:50 am »
There's mass murder going on in Syria, and watching won't help. They have a point there.
Though they're optimistic in assuming that Bush would act. Also, there's the rest of the package to consider.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2012, 05:24:58 am »

Wasn't Bush the one who got them all killed while Obama took out Bin Ladin and pulled our troops out?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"