Author Topic: Faith In Humanity, Lost (Rape Apologists)  (Read 4393 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Faith In Humanity, Lost (Rape Apologists)
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:52:45 pm »
I'm sure everyone has heard of the Maryville rape story.  The jist of it: Girl is raped while passed out (making consent impossible) but because the rapist is a high school football star, the town turns on the family and even burns their house down.  Anonymous gets involved and like with Steubenville, the perps are exposed.  You'd think that would be enough to convince people that this family does not deserve this kind of harassment from this town. 

Hence this topix thread I read.

The second reply is from some dumbass troll who brings up the fact that she snuck out and was drinking to paint her in a manipulative light.  And it just gets worse from there.  This troll creates several obvious sock puppet accounts, one even entitled "take responsibility".  Take responsibility?  How about the douchebag rapists?  Why didn't they take responsibility and not rape the poor girl and basically leave her to die.

I'm not even female and I find myself getting pissed off at these idiots who attack the victim.  I mean sure, Topix is obviously full of trolls, but the line of thinking is nothing new.  I hear the same old rationalizations and "devils advocate" style posts that say they're not defending rape or attacking the victim even though they are (just in a more subtle way).  And when someone dares to point out their hypocracy, they are called the crazy ones. 

It's maddening. 

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Faith In Humanity, Lost (Rape Apologists)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:58 pm »
Maybe Anonymous should go after that troll next.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »
We've gone the rounds on this one.  Fact is, only people at fault here is the rapists.  But society, at least our's, doesn't want to paint some kid who has a "bright" future as some sort of sexual deviant.

Ironbite-even though he is.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:00:43 pm »
Well, it's a good thing I have no qualms about doing so, and quite publicly, might I add. =)
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:00 am »
I am honestly beyond feeling enraged at this point.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 02:08:12 am »
We've gone the rounds on this one.  Fact is, only people at fault here is the rapists.  But society, at least our's, doesn't want to paint some kid who has a "bright" future as some sort of sexual deviant.

That and the town doesn't want to lose their star football player. Because when the interests of sport and justice diverge, it's clear to everyone that sport is a much higher priority.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:43:54 am »

That and the town doesn't want to lose their star football player. Because when the interests of sport and justice diverge, it's clear to everyone that sport is a much higher priority.

Which is why America's one and only sport should be either duel-to-the-death gladiatorial combat, or something unbelievably prissy that involves pink tutus and catching (and releasing) butterflies.  Either we kill them all off and they cease to be a problem, or they're not part of the only sanctioned sport in the country because most football players are dudebro jocks who recoil in horror at the mere thought of the colour pink, and therefore cease to matter to the community, making them as easy a target as the rest of us.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
I wonder if there's a way to get the perps in Stubbenville & Maryville their just-desserts? There's got to be some law-based group or petitions or mass-protest or shaming or something!

I guess the best revenge will be for these girls to move away, get the therapy they need, recover as fully as they can & then strive for big careers, success or even be great mighty feminist activists! These girls will become great while those dim-witted jockstraps grow old, fat & flip burgers for life.

We can take the photos of these boys and make some neat memes with them. All-sorts of photoshops involving them getting beat up by Lara Croft or raped by a demoness or as fat burger fools while the girls are powerful CEOs or something......then troll the school's webpages with them.

In time, these boys & their supporters will die & go to Inferno.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »
I wonder if there's a way to get the perps in Stubbenville & Maryville their just-desserts? There's got to be some law-based group or petitions or mass-protest or shaming or something!

That would be the Westboro Baptist Church's area of expertise.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »

That would be the Westboro Baptist Church's area of expertise.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »
it ain't even edge, brah. just facts
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »
If the WBC protested bad people's funerals (like William Luther Pierce's) I wouldn't have a problem with them.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 05:55:31 pm »
Protesting the funeral of someone you dislike is among the worst ways to protest. It's not going to affect the person you disagree with (since they are dead), it's going to hurt innocent people (unless you think everyone who likes someone you don't is automatically just as bad) and it makes you look like a huge asshole (which is not going to help whatever cause you want to further).

That seems like it should be a problem regardless of why you're protesting.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 06:25:15 pm »
Protesting the funeral of someone you dislike is among the worst ways to protest. It's not going to affect the person you disagree with (since they are dead), it's going to hurt innocent people (unless you think everyone who likes someone you don't is automatically just as bad) and it makes you look like a huge asshole (which is not going to help whatever cause you want to further).

That seems like it should be a problem regardless of why you're protesting.
When the hell did protesting funerals come in?
We're talking about protesting living people rapists.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 06:26:50 pm »
That shaming rapists is the same as protesting soldiers funerals?