Author Topic: "Good lord, Internet! Cut it out!" On Excessive Beiber Hate  (Read 44802 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: "Good lord, Internet! Cut it out!" On Excessive Beiber Hate
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:13 am »
The worse thing about Twilight are the movies with Kristen "I have the same facial expression for everything" Stewart.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 12:33:39 am »
As has been said already, modern pop isn't my thing at all, so I'm automatically going to dislike those "musicians". As a musician who's had to sit through a Bieber song because it played as work, the kid pisses me off. The main vocal melody had an obnoxious "I don't know now to sing at all" level of autotune on it that any self-respecting singer would be ashamed of. I can understand saving time on rerecording with some pitch correction, especially on harmony lines, but the main melody should not be that hard to sing, especially in generic, only-appeals-to-teens pop music.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 01:14:24 am »
Autotune abuse... ugh... Remember when to be a singer you actually had to be able to sing?
Though IMO, Autotune can be a great effect if used wisely.  Just like delay, echo, reverb, octave dividing...    Yeah, you can tell I'm into prog.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:16:54 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 01:35:42 am »
My problem with Bieber is the market failure he symbolises. He isn't a very good singer, but is paid well to do it. Why?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 01:52:26 am »
Umm, who is this 'Bieber' I hear about? Is someone trying to remake "Leave it to Beaver" for the modern age, and the name is just a misspelling? Is this "Bieber Fever" a new virus spreading across the world? I know not of this "Bieber" you speak of, so I'll go back to listening to the melodies of Tarja.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 06:32:44 am »
The worse thing about Twilight are the movies with Kristen "I have the same facial expression for everything" Stewart.

The sad thing is, she IS capable of making facial expressions.

The people hiring her just don't want her to make them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 08:19:34 am »

The sad thing is, she IS capable of making facial expressions.

The people hiring her just don't want her to make them.

Most people in Twilight, especially the leads, are like that because Stephanie Meyer is a hack. That's how she wants these characters to act.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 10:42:10 am »

The guys at MST3K, Rifftrax & Cinematic Titanic would call that "Dull Surprise".  ::)

QUESTION: About that stupid 50 Shades Of Grey silliness. Forgive me for being an idiot but how is this a Twilight fanfic? I've read neither but what does a 3rd-rate ripoff of The Story of O involving an executive & his female employee have to do with teenagers, sparkly vampires & hunky Indigenous American werewolves?

All I can guess is that the main characters are Ed & Bella expys with different names & working in an office. The magical monster stuff removed & the BDSM stuff added. Other than that, I don't get it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:52:34 am by SpukiKitty »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 11:01:42 am »
QUESTION: About that stupid 50 Shades Of Grey silliness. Forgive me for being an idiot but how is this a Twilight fanfic? I've read neither but what does a 3rd-rate ripoff of The Story of O involving an executive & his female employee have to do with teenagers, sparkly vampires & hunky Indigenous American werewolves?

All I can guess is that the main characters are Ed & Bella expys with different names & working in an office. The magical monster stuff removed & the BDSM stuff added. Other than that, I don't get it.
Not quite, it was originally a fanfic of Bella and Edward having rather graphic BDSM sex, but for obvious reasons they changed the characters and setting a bit (most notably making the female lead not be a school kid) for the commercial release.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 11:03:38 am »
I like the excessive beiber hate, its nice and blatantly universal
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 11:07:05 am »
I like the excessive beiber hate, its nice and blatantly universal
I could probably tolerate it a lot more if it were aimed at Skrillex instead. At least what Beiber shits out are actual songs rather than what I can only describe as white noise. Not to mention, Skrillex's fans are people who for the most part should really know better.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 11:12:55 am »
Well at least we dont have teenage boys planning their weddings with skrillex.....ew
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:50 am »
He could use his own hair as the veil.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 11:17:39 am »

Not quite, it was originally a fanfic of Bella and Edward having rather graphic BDSM sex, but for obvious reasons they changed the characters and setting a bit (most notably making the female lead not be a school kid) for the commercial release.

Ah, so my guess was right!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 11:26:44 am »
My problem with Bieber is the market failure he symbolises. He isn't a very good singer, but is paid well to do it. Why?
Girls want to fuck him. Or it's an example of what the lowest common denominator can achieve, therefore giving hope to people who want to be rich and famous performers, but lack the skills to do so.

That last one may be more of a subconscious thing.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.