Author Topic: UKIP gaining strength in local elections  (Read 1240 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
UKIP gaining strength in local elections
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:36:11 am »

NO GOD NO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afl_kdgrTEU
And starseeker even the GOP doesnt want any foeigners for 5 years
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:45:14 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: UKIP gaining strength in local elections
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:37:44 am »
Your link is broken. Also I fail to see how UKIP are worse than the American Republicans.

Offline dietcokewithlemon

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:02:21 am »
Please note - UKIP ARE NOT FASCISTS!!! They are Eurosceptic Conservatives.

The other main parties ( Tory, Labour and Lib Dem ) like to portray UKIP as a bunch of raving loony racists with no real policies. In actual fact they are a legitimate party with a perfectly reasonable position - leaving the European Union. Something they wish to do peacefully following a referendum. ( aarrggghhh - how 'extremist'? )

The other parties have no wish to debate the issue and resort to cheap name calling. Perhaps the current government would like to discuss the issue sensibly as clearly a large section of the British public hold similar views.

I personally do not support UKIP and wish to remain within the EU but I respect their beliefs and their right to have them.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:22:51 am »
Please note - UKIP ARE NOT FASCISTS!!! They are Eurosceptic Conservatives.

I'm not an expert on British politics, but if they are anything like every other Western European far-right party that went mainstream during the last decade or so, the UKIP is the same old, hateful, out-of-touch fascist machinery behind a veneer of modernity that allows them to stay/become relevant.

Their entire shtick is to take complex issues that the parties with actual power can't really tackle head on (Europe, Islam, immigration), rouse the anxiety of the population about them, and then answer them in a direct, simplistic, reassuring way. The violent and anti-democratic doctrines may have been officially dumped, but the general communication strategy is still very much identifiable as the fascist strand of populism.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:28:44 am by Murdin »

Offline dietcokewithlemon

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:29:15 am »
Sorry, but UKIP are not 'far right'. They are right of centre but that does not mean fascist.

They wish to leave the EU. The EU is a European political body made up of white christian countries. UKIP are not demanding the repatriation of non-whites or denying the holocaust. They wish to return British sovereignty from Brussels. Which is in Belgium. i.e. white christian.

I think UKIP are also suggesting we stop bombing the shit out of muslim countries.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:05:32 pm »
Sorry, but UKIP are not 'far right'. They are right of centre but that does not mean fascist.

The traditionalist, ultra-nationalist, authoritarian parties have been called far-right ever since the appearance of left-right politics. It all comes from the French Revolution, when monarchist members of the various successive assemblies sat on the right while radical republicans took position on the left, and came into full swing during the Restoration when the right-wingers were sometimes "more royalist than the king".

It may not seem to make much sense today, what with the implicit redefinition of left-right as social liberalism versus liberal conservatism, but that's the actual history behind the words.

Far-right does not necessarily mean fascist, either.

By the way, I am not denying that those far-right parties have changed their electoral agenda to something more politically correct. I'm just saying that the old guard is still there behind the dynamic figureheads, and that their strategies are still hilariously recognizable. Just because we shouldn't demonize them, does not mean that we're not allowed to despise them.