Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156000 times)

pyro

Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2017, 11:51:16 am »
Bible archery is probably the second official sport of fundie Christians after mental gymnastics. If you blindly throw out enough Bible verses, surely one of them might hit the target.

I think Biblical Bullet Spam might be a better description.

shykid

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2017, 12:06:08 pm »
Touché!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2017, 12:14:45 pm »
Volley fire.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2017, 12:19:19 pm »
The latest from Amos Moses on Christian News Network is that Christianity chooses you, you do not choose IT.  He can identify false Christians because he is one of the "anointed".  When asked about interpretation of the gospel, he insists that interpretation means ADDING to the gospel and no one should ever do that.  When you try to point out the dictionary definition of "interpretation" and how it has NOTHING to do with adding, he says he listens to scripture ahead of the dictionary.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

pyro

« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »
Alright, so has he got a chapter and verse?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2017, 02:17:37 pm »
Alright, so has he got a chapter and verse?
For.
Absolutely.
Everything.

How often are they relevant to what's being asked of him though?  Almost never.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2017, 02:22:39 am »
The latest from Amos Moses ... he says he listens to scripture ahead

Yes, I do think he may very well be hearing voices in this head.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:33:39 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2017, 01:10:24 pm »
Jason Todd is literally consumed with this single-minded obsession he has with talking about some comments I made about the Rind study, some years back when he used to post as SlidellMan4Life. I was trying to have a conversation about what was and was not in the Rind Study, and what common misconceptions there are about it. Jason/SlidellMan took some comments I made COMPLETLY out of context, and has been insisting I'm a pedophile ever since.

Now, he brings it up to everyone he meets, repeatedly telling them I'm a pedophile and I defended Rind and his pedophile study. I've tried multiple times to have an intelligent discussion about what it was I said but he started out by not listening and hearing what he wanted to hear, then just blocked me so I couldn't defend myself.

He is a very dangerous combination of angry and stupid.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2017, 01:54:04 pm »
Jason Todd is literally consumed with this single-minded obsession he has with talking about some comments I made about the Rind study, some years back when he used to post as SlidellMan4Life. I was trying to have a conversation about what was and was not in the Rind Study, and what common misconceptions there are about it. Jason/SlidellMan took some comments I made COMPLETLY out of context, and has been insisting I'm a pedophile ever since.

Now, he brings it up to everyone he meets, repeatedly telling them I'm a pedophile and I defended Rind and his pedophile study. I've tried multiple times to have an intelligent discussion about what it was I said but he started out by not listening and hearing what he wanted to hear, then just blocked me so I couldn't defend myself.

He is a very dangerous combination of angry and stupid.

He did that earlier, mentioned you and the RIND study.  I wanted to comment but didn't know what you said or what he would like everyone to think you said.  Wording is important though, I mean, even if the APA discovers pedophilia IS an orientation, it doesn't mean they are saying everyone should accept the wholesale abuse of minors.

Amos is going off the rails big time too.  Christianity is apparently not a religion.  I pointed out the dictionary definition which says it is.  He said Christianity is not bound by the rules of the dictionary.  Just like when he said the No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply to Christianity.  He really makes Christianity out to be a form of very powerful magic.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2017, 10:14:37 pm »

Amos is going off the rails big time too.  Christianity is apparently not a religion.  I pointed out the dictionary definition which says it is.  He said Christianity is not bound by the rules of the dictionary.  Just like when he said the No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply to Christianity.  He really makes Christianity out to be a form of very powerful magic.

That's an old one.  It doesn't make any damn sense to me either, but I've heard it a few times before.  Christianity isn't a religion, it's a "personal relationship with God" blah blah blah.  Or something along those lines....

Hmm...I guess if it's not a religion, then First Amendment protections and anti-discrimination law don't apply to it, right?  And someone will have to tell all the Christian churches they have to start paying taxes, too.

Oboehner might not agree with him, though.  I've been going back and forth with him recently, he insists atheism is a religion because it fits the Merriam Webster definition (1 of the 4 given) that goes "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith".  I tried to understand how he thinks atheism is a "system" of anything, but he had no answer for that, I guess.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2017, 11:01:44 pm »
That's Oboehner to a T.  One of his favorite pastimes, taking everything his opposition does and reducing it to what he does.  So atheism is religion, evolution is as well.  And even settled science is appeal to authority.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2017, 10:51:38 am »
To specifically the active people in Christian News Network commenting, Ambulance Chaser, bob j, KingofRhye, others?

Do you guys downvote?  I recommend it if you've got the time.  Most browsers by default don't display them but you can get Firefox and Chrome add-ons which show downvotes in addition to the upvotes we already see and it is VERY revealing.  When the fundies want to band together to bash on a specific answer, it's not uncommon to see 25 downvotes.  It's happened to me.  Fortunately I fight back, and I have to say it's very satisfying to downvote Amos, Grace, Oboehner, Guest Verified, Jason Todd, etc. etc...

Interesting too is that Lady Checkmate wanders over from her safe domain (!) but only to upvote/downvote.  She doesn't dare speak out loud because she doesn't want to open any communication about her own behavior.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2017, 01:31:24 pm »
I should downvote more often, I forget about that.  I didn't know that about the add-ons, though, gotta look into that.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2017, 01:38:25 pm »
I do sometimes but it doesn't seem to do much, so I don't really make a point of it. Can I get the add on for Safari? Most of my web usage is on my phone or iPad. I have a Windows desktop but I don't have much time to use it.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2017, 02:10:31 pm »
It seems to only exist for Chrome and Firefox, but maybe if you do a more extensive search.   Just make the words be "Disqus downvote revealer".