Author Topic: How Joan of Arc proves Catholicism is true.  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
How Joan of Arc proves Catholicism is true.
« on: November 19, 2018, 05:37:15 pm »
Now that I converted back to Catholicism, I will now preach Catholicism again. Here is proof from Wikipedia that Saint Joan of Arc’s visions from God to were genuine.(And I am fine with it since the English monarchs at the time were illegitimate)
A number of more recent scholars attempted to explain her visions in psychiatric or neurological terms. Potential diagnoses have included epilepsy, migraine, tuberculosis, and schizophrenia.[111] None of the putative diagnoses have gained consensus support, and many scholars have argued that she didn't display any of the objective symptoms that can accompany the mental illnesses which have been suggested, such as schizophrenia. Dr. Philip Mackowiak dismissed the possibility of schizophrenia and several other disorders (Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and ergot poisoning) in a chapter on Joan of Arc in his book Post-Mortem in 2007.[112]

Dr. John Hughes rejected the idea that Joan of Arc suffered from epilepsy in an article in the academic journal Epilepsy & Behavior.[113]

Two experts who analysed the hypothesis of temporal lobe tuberculoma in the medical journal Neuropsychobiology expressed their misgivings about this claim in the following statement:

It is difficult to draw final conclusions, but it would seem unlikely that widespread tuberculosis, a serious disease, was present in this "patient" whose life-style and activities would surely have been impossible had such a serious disease been present.[114]

If she cannot be diagnosed with any mental illness, then how do you explain her visions. Also how do you explain this?

What followed would become famous. When Joan appeared at Chinon, Charles wanted to test her claim to be able to recognise him despite never having seen him, and so he disguised himself as one of his courtiers. He stood in their midst when Joan entered the chamber in which the court was assembled. Joan identified Charles immediately. She bowed low to him and embraced his knees, declaring "God give you a happy life, sweet King!" Despite attempts to claim that another man was in fact the king, Charles was eventually forced to admit that he was indeed such. Thereafter Joan referred to him as "Dauphin" or "Noble Dauphin" until he was crowned in Reims four months later. After a private conversation between the two (Charles later stated that Joan knew secrets about him that he had voiced only in silent prayer to God), Charles became inspired and filled with confidence.

How was Joan able to identify him and how did she know his secrets. Also, how do you explain how she was able to lead France to victory if France was almost defeated and she did not have previous military experience?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:57:23 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: How Joan of Arc proves Catholicism is true.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 07:04:01 pm »
She was lying.

Joan was a naturally skilled tactician but sadly sexist Catholics like Jacob would never give a peasant woman a position of command no matter how much she deserved it, unless she faked getting messages from God.  She figured out who the real king was on her own through reasoning (maybe his disguise wasn't all the great) or even got tipped off in advance for the purpose of political propaganda.  The king played along because she had proven herself at this point and he didn't want to let her talents go to waste.

Okay I don't know enough about the history to say if that's what happened, but it seems at least as plausible as the idea that the creator of a universe of countless trillions of stars and who knows how many sentient lifeforms gave a giant shit who was chief monkey of one small part of one planet, and the best way she could think of to help the situation was give visions to a peasant girl instead of just striking down the false king with lightning bolts or something.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:09 pm »
She was lying.

Joan was a naturally skilled tactician but sadly sexist Catholics like Jacob would never give a peasant woman a position of command no matter how much she deserved it, unless she faked getting messages from God.  She figured out who the real king was on her own through reasoning (maybe his disguise wasn't all the great) or even got tipped off in advance for the purpose of political propaganda.  The king played along because she had proven herself at this point and he didn't want to let her talents go to waste.

Okay I don't know enough about the history to say if that's what happened, but it seems at least as plausible as the idea that the creator of a universe of countless trillions of stars and who knows how many sentient lifeforms gave a giant shit who was chief monkey of one small part of one planet, and the best way she could think of to help the situation was give visions to a peasant girl instead of just striking down the false king with lightning bolts or something.

God chose Joan of Arc to save France because he cares deeply about legitimacy so he wanted the legitimate monarch of France to win the war. As for why he decided to do so using a peasant girl, that will be known in heaven, but what is most important is the end result. God chose Joan of Arc to have the rightful King of France maintain his throne just like he chose me to have the rightful heir to England put on the throne.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:01:07 am »
Get. A. Blog.

This site is not your blog!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:49 am »
Now that I converted back to Catholicism, I will now preach Catholicism again.

Is it your goal to utterly bore me?  If so, you're doing a good job of it.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:40:12 am »
She was lying.

God chose Joan of Arc to save France because he cares deeply about legitimacy so he wanted the legitimate monarch of France to win the war. As for why he decided to do so using a peasant girl, that will be known in heaven, but what is most important is the end result. God chose Joan of Arc to have the rightful King of France maintain his throne just like he chose me to have the rightful heir to England put on the throne.

Size of France: France is approximately 643,801 sq km.
Size of the universe:  A spheroid of 93 billion light-years (28 billion parsecs)

Remind me again why someone with a portfolio that massive would give a flying toss about either of you?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 07:33:35 am »
She was lying.

Size of the universe:  A spheroid of 93 billion light-years (28 billion parsecs)

Remind me again why someone with a portfolio that massive would give a flying toss about either of you?

Because he chose the species of humans on planet Earth to have a relationship with. And back in the 1400s most Christians lived in Europe.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:26 am »
And of course, maintaining and even further empowering the positions of the richest and most powerful is his #1 priority. It's not like that would be out of character for the stupid fucking prick.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:52:53 am »
She was lying.

Because he chose the species of humans on planet Earth to have a relationship with. And back in the 1400s most Christians lived in Europe.
That says everything you need to know about the Abrahamic religions problem with their egos and why the RCC went apeshit at Galileo. FFS dude, we are not the centre of the universe. We are infinitesimally tiny and insignificant in the scheme of things. The universe was not "built for us", we're just scurrying around on it. Get some bloody perspective.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 08:04:58 am »
She was lying.

That says everything you need to know about the Abrahamic religions problem with their egos and why the RCC went apeshit at Galileo. FFS dude, we are not the centre of the universe. We are infinitesimally tiny and insignificant in the scheme of things. The universe was not "built for us", we're just scurrying around on it. Get some bloody perspective.

While you are correct that we are tiny compared to the universe you are wrong in saying that we are insignificant. We are significant because God chose us out of all the species that exist throughout the universe. He made in his image, meaning that he made us evolve so that our physical appearance is like his.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:12:24 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:56:53 am »
While you are correct that we are tiny compared to the universe you are wrong in saying that we are insignificant. We are significant because God chose us out of all the species that exist throughout the universe. He made in his image, meaning that he made us evolve so that our physical appearance is like his.
Well your ego is certainly cosmic in scope. I'm surprised that much densely packed bullshit hasn't turned into a black hole, no-perhaps it has.