Author Topic: The Swasti-booth  (Read 6946 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
The Swasti-booth
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:13:54 am »
So I took a trip to Wendy’s yesterday, and I noticed something weird about the way they had their booths set up. They had a set of booths arranged around a planter in the middle of the restaraunt. The net effect, produced an interesting shape, which I have attempted to crudely render in Skitch:

The green is the plant, the red are the seats, and the yellow are the tables. The blue shows the support structure to which everything is attached. And it is that structure that I found quite interesting.

So, what do you think? Does it look like a certain symbol ruined forever by a certain historical leader, or am I just seeing things?
-A Pen Name

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: The Swasti-booth
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:08:58 pm »
I doubt the swastica layout is intentional. The seating booths are compact and functional and that is probably the only thing the designers had in mind.

Unintentional coincidences for the win?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:09:35 pm »
I honestly didn't see it until you pointed it out.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »
I doubt the swastica layout is intentional. The seating booths are compact and functional and that is probably the only thing the designers had in mind.

I trust that was not intentional either. Just thought it was funny.
-A Pen Name

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:23 pm »
They plan to introduce wiener schnitzel.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:07 pm »
I remember a library where the computer tables were in a similar formation. Just as in this case it took a minimal amount of space with maximum usage. If it is an efficient way to use space then I don't mind wether it looks like a swastika, pentagram or a puppy.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »
I remember a library where the computer tables were in a similar formation. Just as in this case it took a minimal amount of space with maximum usage. If it is an efficient way to use space then I don't mind wether it looks like a swastika, pentagram or a puppy.

I would like to see an arrangement of booths that looks like a puppy.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 03:05:12 am »
This reminds me of:

Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:30:45 am »
I would like to see an arrangement of booths that looks like a puppy.

If I were involved in restaurant floor design, I would take up that challenge.

This reminds me of:

Yep. Nice and compact. :D
-A Pen Name