Author Topic: Forum Issues  (Read 35681 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Re: Forum Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:31 pm »
Maybe I am missing where the field is located, but how do you change your forum time? Mine is set for DST so it is a hour ahead of what time it really is and I've looked all over account settings etc trying to find how to change it.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:33 pm »
See above, CAF. Step's described.

Edit: Whoops, no it's not, editing in description.

Edit2: Added under How-Tos section in OP.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:00:59 pm by Keiro Dreamwalker »
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »
I'm still having issues with the time. Auto-detect originally said -5, but keeps reverting to 0 now and screws up my time as a result.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »
If auto-detect's not working, you should be able to manually set it at same place. Alternatively, check your time and see if it's being synced correctly.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 04:54:00 am »
Um... I had to make a new account because I couldn't log in on my old one. I know I had the username and password right, but it wouldn't let me log in. I tried to retrieve my password, but it said my email was not associated with my account... Is this due to the new forums?

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 04:58:00 am »
That would be because this is an entirely new forum that exists on a different server and none of the old names came with it.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 04:59:22 am »
Um... I had to make a new account because I couldn't log in on my old one. I know I had the username and password right, but it wouldn't let me log in. I tried to retrieve my password, but it said my email was not associated with my account... Is this due to the new forums?
New forums means new server means no old information from the other forum/other server which means new registration is required which means nobody has their old posts unless they check the old forum.

So, yes.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 05:08:39 am »
Oooohh... okay lol. It had me worried for a minute there.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
I'm still having issues with the time. Auto-detect originally said -5, but keeps reverting to 0 now and screws up my time as a result.
0 offset should be the proper time for you, Sleepy. That's what I have it set to and the time is correct, so should be correct for you considering we're in the same timezone.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »
0 offset should be the proper time for you, Sleepy. That's what I have it set to and the time is correct, so should be correct for you considering we're in the same timezone.

Same here. At first -5 was the correct time, but now it's 0.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:05:04 pm by Jebediah »
Everybody's doin' the fish.

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »

Same here. At first -5 was the correct time, but now it's 0.

See above in OP.

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 02:03:01 am »
Server time was set to some place in Africa and is now set for New York. So yeah.

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 09:01:03 pm »
So the last 2 days there have been lots of downtime on the forum. I hope the server and stuff is ok.
The unbreakable wall

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 10:35:52 pm »
It is. The issues were due to one client. I've been working on this nearly non-stop.

Unlike Proboards, though, I have actual, /direct/ control over the server that this forum resides on.

What happened was a regular weekly maintenance script that optimizes and repairs ALL databases on the server choked and died on a client's SQL.

It subsequently brought nearly everything down. I was able to bring it back since it was still online, just responding very slowly via SSH. That done, I set about fixing the issues encountered. It took over 5 hours to fix because of that one goddamn client of mine.

All's fixed... as for the recent outage, it appears one of our datacenter upstream peers up and died from the traceroutes I was provided during the outage while I was sleeping because during the entire ordeal, I had little to no sleep. :x

I'm fully rested now, though, so I'll be keeping this server under deeper monitoring until I'm absolutely sure the server's 100% OK.

Offline lighthorseman

• Argumentative Contrarian
  • On Probation
  • Bishop
  • Proud Y chromosome owner
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 10:03:05 am »
Avatars can't be GIFs? Can we fix that? My kitten's been staring at that red thing for ages waiting for it to move.
Let me make it real easy... if anyone is interested in my actual opinion, please ask, I'd love to talk to you. If you are interested in trying to catch me out in some sort of "gotcha, before you said 'many', but now you're saying 'lots', you totally shifted goal posts", then, I'm not playing.