Author Topic: Left Behind author dies.  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Left Behind author dies.
« on: July 26, 2016, 05:31:24 pm »
Tim LaHaye, after spending the last few decades warning us that the rapture would happen any minute now since the 70s, has died at the age of 90.  He's most famous for his Left Behind series of terrible books about his gary stus acting like complete assholes, and pretend to fight the Anti-Christ but actually willingly help take over the world and spend there time gloating about how all the icky gays, feminists, liberals, non-Christians and not Christian enough Christians burn in hell.  The series is awful and really boring but very popular with fundie christians who don't see his death after decades of claiming the rapture was right around the corner as reason to question his beliefs.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Left Behind author dies.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:03 pm »
He leaves behind a movie series that suffered from the severe mistake of not making Nicolas Cage play the anti-christ.

That would have made the movie tolerable / utterly hilarious.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »
And nothing of value was lost.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »
Welp....guess that's that then.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 06:46:21 pm »
I saw the first book in the village library when I was visiting my mother. I was surprised that it was translated in Finnish since as far as I've understood the rapture is mostly an American thing. I loaned it out of pure curiosity and it was just as bad as I had expected. The movie with Nicholas Cage was entertainingly bad, though, at least when watched in a group.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »
You know the Nick Cage movie was a remake of a much worse movie, or that that movie had a fucking RTS game about it (Where the Army's of Hell were much more fun to play then the hero faction apparently.)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:29 pm »
Whar, he died-not ascended to the heavens? Guess HE wasn't "rapture ready" then!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:39:51 pm »
Man, I should wander over there at some point soon. See how our friends over at RR are taking it.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 02:10:10 am »
Doo ittt.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 02:11:11 am »
...Does that site even exist anymore? I have to know!

EDIT: ...I think so.

http://rr-bb.com/forum.php?s=945b665bd9263750aafa38d37c1b6e7c

Also, I found this while googling for RR: http://www.talkjesus.com/threads/beware-of-the-rapture-ready-forum.26544/

19 pages of folks on another fundie forum talking about how the RR is actually a satanic/atheist/liberal forum that tries to disguise itself as a Christian forum. (Also talk about how the entire concept of Rapture is heretical invention by satanists or something. FUNDIE FIGHT!)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:19:57 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 04:52:51 am »
Fundie FIIIIIIIIGHT, also *checks link, sees a thread on the DNC* Ooooh. This'll be fun
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 05:01:06 am »
RR has a thread started by a woman who is concerned because her son is gay.

The comments range from "why are you here woman? Don't you know that the man is the head of the house and you should have first asked your husband a permission to use the computing-machine?!" to "I don't think there is anything wrong in being gay. I would sooner a child of mine was gay and happy rather than heterosexual and unhappy" to " I was bisexual, i was a gay prosititue. Jesus saved me from that sin. But i would have lived a happy life fornicating with men and women and could have spent my life in a successufl partnership with another man. Too often Christians think that non-christians and sinners cant be happy, and think that a person who is happy is necessarily in the will of God. its just not so."

...Has that place gotten weird or is this the wrong RR?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 07:59:06 am »
I think the trolls have taken over the forum.  Or something  Cause I remember a time that anything remotely resembling trolling was met with the banhammer.

Ironbite-also women were allowed to post stuff like that in the appropriate forum.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 11:07:24 am »
Well, Tim LaHaye died of old age.  I just wish we'd all been ready.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!