Author Topic: I've had enough.  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
I've had enough.
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »
I think it's time I part ways with the people on this board.  Honestly the arguments aren't worth the stress.  I wasn't going to make a thread about it at all and just silently vanish, but...

...I wanted to give the chance for anybody who still wants to keep in contact with me the chance to PM contact details to me.  I obviously can't force anybody to do this, of course.  So whatever happens, happens.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: I've had enough.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:04 am »
Aww.

We are losing so many people nowadays. Maybe this forum is coming to an end soon. Well I have had mostly fun here and a lot of friends and I'm going to miss you too Harkness.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:02:57 am »
If the arguments arent worth the stress then just...ignore the argument?

Its just an internet argument, big whoop
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:13:28 am »
Shame.  I liked you, Jack.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:37:30 am »
I liked you too.  Hell there are so many people I like here, even if one (or more) I like don't like another (that I also like).  It's sad when conflicts drive people away.  Makes it very hard to be neutral sometimes.

I wish you the best, Jack.  I really do hope you reconsider. 

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 04:30:27 am »
I didn't like you. You played a big part in the split.

I blame you, and some of your friends, for people I liked, such as Dante'svirgil leaving.

I will refrain from dancing on your grave or jerking over your corpse but that's it.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 04:44:02 am »
How is it that a site with like 20 active members has this much drama?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 05:02:51 am »
Apparently, a lot of them have the mindset of school kids.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 05:11:19 am »

Eh, I'm not above it.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 05:23:03 am »
Eh, I'm not above it.
I'm not talking about ripping people a new one every now and again in full view of the rest of the forum. Everyone does that, myself included, and it's not an inherently bad thing. I'm referring to stuff like the ongoing Facebook drama of some description that we only hear about once in while, and before that the exhalt/smite system abuse and the general IRC-based gossip-mongering. Not to mention, the ongoing pseudo-feud with House Rule Gaming. Conniving, passive-aggressive bullshit from idiots to cowardly to confront their supposed enemy outright that you'd expect to see between rival cliques at a high school, not an internet message board populated mostly with adults. That's by far the biggest problem we have around here.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:34 am »
Eh, I'm not above it.
I'm not talking about ripping people a new one every now and again in full view of the rest of the forum. Everyone does that, myself included, and it's not an inherently bad thing. I'm referring to stuff like the ongoing Facebook drama of some description that we only hear about once in while, and before that the exhalt/smite system abuse and the general IRC-based gossip-mongering. Not to mention, the ongoing pseudo-feud with House Rule Gaming. Conniving, passive-aggressive bullshit from idiots to cowardly to confront their supposed enemy outright that you'd expect to see between rival cliques at a high school, not an internet message board populated mostly with adults. That's by far the biggest problem we have around here.

OH OK, I don't do the IRC and don't really do facebook -certainly not with anyone here. Also if I don't like a cracker I tend to let them know. Hey who knew? I am above it!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 07:27:36 am »
To be fair. As fair as i know the psuedofued with hrg died months and months ago. I dunno why the fuck its still being brought up
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 07:39:40 am »
To be fair. As fair as i know the psuedofued with hrg died months and months ago.
It's not like we haven't heard that before.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:27 am »
I know but i just dont get WHY. It was centered around the ircs then briefly moved into f&b and died. The drama only comes up when someone outside of it brings it up for no fuckin reason and shit starts again.

I ignored the facebook thing outright, so dont care. And the exalt smite system drama was just fuckin funny
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:04:16 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 08:18:51 am »
the exalt smite system drama was just fuckin funny

I'll second this!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."