Author Topic: I've had enough.  (Read 6302 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: I've had enough.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 02:34:17 am »
I tend to stay out of them too for the most part.  Sometimes I try to diffuse building tension with a joke or something, but I suck at humor, so... yeah.  The only reason I view most flamewars is out of morbid trainwreck curiosity and to make sure nobody is doxing or crap like that.
I think I once ended a flamewar on zoophobia by doge spamming.

Not every debate or disagreement is a flamewar. If you're talking about the zoophilia thing, that debate was far too civil to qualify as a flamewar -- and I say that as the person who was taking the unpopular position at the time.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:15 am »
Or just be rude and dismissive. Whatever.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 08:49:32 am »
I tend to stay out of them too for the most part.  Sometimes I try to diffuse building tension with a joke or something, but I suck at humor, so... yeah.  The only reason I view most flamewars is out of morbid trainwreck curiosity and to make sure nobody is doxing or crap like that.
I think I once ended a flamewar on zoophobia by doge spamming.

Not every debate or disagreement is a flamewar. If you're talking about the zoophilia thing, that debate was far too civil to qualify as a flamewar -- and I say that as the person who was taking the unpopular position at the time.
At the time it seemed to me like some kind of flamewar, but I suppose i hadn't had much experience on the sight.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »
With all these people leaving, pretty sure it'll just me talking to myself in a few months

I was here before all of you.  I'll still be here when everyone else is gone.  I just haven't posted a lot because I've been quite edified over the years of my exposure to the fundamentalist element and to understand what separates the members and fans from the fanboys.  I've felt that posting is just having me say practically the same things I said months ago.

Still, I'll be around.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:32 pm »
I think it's time I part ways with the people on this board.  Honestly the arguments aren't worth the stress.  I wasn't going to make a thread about it at all and just silently vanish, but...

...I wanted to give the chance for anybody who still wants to keep in contact with me the chance to PM contact details to me.  I obviously can't force anybody to do this, of course.  So whatever happens, happens.
Wait, what was your user name before? The constant changes are confusing.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 05:19:22 pm »
I think it's time I part ways with the people on this board.  Honestly the arguments aren't worth the stress.  I wasn't going to make a thread about it at all and just silently vanish, but...

...I wanted to give the chance for anybody who still wants to keep in contact with me the chance to PM contact details to me.  I obviously can't force anybody to do this, of course.  So whatever happens, happens.
B-Man, apparently.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 09:23:27 pm »

B-Man, apparently.
Oh, in that case carry on.