Author Topic: MORE IMPORTANT THINGS  (Read 7707 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2018, 12:50:44 pm »
1. Bordellos could be required to prominently display up-to-date notices of inspection. It would be perfectly legitimate to require such inspections, more frequent than is required for other industries, paid for by the business.

2. Nothing says you can't have both--you seem to be denying that some people might actively enjoy sex work, or might be good enough at it that they at least enjoy the income. And again, the tax revenues from legal prostitution could be used partly for programs geared at getting the ones who don't want to be there out.

(For instance, while it isn't quite sex work in that it doesn't have to involve getting naked or touching genitalia, a good dominatrix can make tons of cash, not so much from the fees she charges for the work itself but from the hush money she can charge to some of her clients who really, really, really don't want it to get out that they're going to a dominatrix--people like politicians and corporate executives.)

But this is a great look at horseshoe theory from the fundie Christian side, rather than the radfem side.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2018, 01:54:53 pm »
...I know that you have access to google and other search engines. Use one or all and find out what Dunnin-Kruger syndrome is.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:19 pm »
1. Bordellos could be required to prominently display up-to-date notices of inspection. It would be perfectly legitimate to require such inspections, more frequent than is required for other industries, paid for by the business.

2. Nothing says you can't have both--you seem to be denying that some people might actively enjoy sex work, or might be good enough at it that they at least enjoy the income. And again, the tax revenues from legal prostitution could be used partly for programs geared at getting the ones who don't want to be there out.

(For instance, while it isn't quite sex work in that it doesn't have to involve getting naked or touching genitalia, a good dominatrix can make tons of cash, not so much from the fees she charges for the work itself but from the hush money she can charge to some of her clients who really, really, really don't want it to get out that they're going to a dominatrix--people like politicians and corporate executives.)

But this is a great look at horseshoe theory from the fundie Christian side, rather than the radfem side.

It is easy to forge notices by blackmailing the sex trafficking victims to keep quiet.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:45 pm »
Give up kid. You have no idea how any of this works and you are just embarrassing yourself.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!