Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 847918 times)

Offline Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • The Beast
  • Check Your Privilege
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10605 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:06 am »
Uhhhh if an admin could help me out, that'd be great?
I don't know. Would it?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10606 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:31 pm »
When you, on a whim, try to log in to a site that you haven't logged into in years, and they've changed domains, and your username is registered, but you can't get your password and the emails for resetting it don't go to your email: annoying

If you tell me which account this is, I'll reset the password and send an email to the address associated with that account
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10607 on: October 19, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »
Rather annoyed I discovered fitness too late to get involved with a football team.

...could've played on the same team as my personal trainer.
I am offensively offensive. How Offensive!

Shiv

« Reply #10608 on: October 23, 2017, 02:45:32 pm »
When you, on a whim, try to log in to a site that you haven't logged into in years, and they've changed domains, and your username is registered, but you can't get your password and the emails for resetting it don't go to your email: annoying

If you tell me which account this is, I'll reset the password and send an email to the address associated with that account

Shivahn. Keeping it old school. Also, apparently, logging in once every site generation.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10609 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »

Shivahn. Keeping it old school. Also, apparently, logging in once every site generation.

Check your email, and welcome back :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:20:15 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10610 on: October 23, 2017, 05:59:47 pm »
Things that annoy me; these last five or seven pounds that will just not go on my body - 200 pounds is so close, yet it seems so far away.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10611 on: October 24, 2017, 11:43:02 am »
Nazis had a protest in my town few days ago. I wanted to go to the counterprotest but had to go to work instead.

Also, there was a conscript marching with the Nazis while wearing his uniform. Now Nazis are complaining that he shouldn't be punished because earlier a soldier took part in Pride parade and was not punished for that. And they are claiming that Pride-parade and Nazi-parade are pretty much the same and if one is considered bad then so should the other "in name of fair treatment."

Also media is trying to paint the counterprotesters as equally violent when it was the Nazis who beat up people. "Violence on many sides" and all that.

And completely unrelated to this but my wife and I are arguing more and more recently and I am trying to fix things but always end up fucking up somehow.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10612 on: October 25, 2017, 11:52:02 am »
Things that annoy me; these last five or seven pounds that will just not go on my body - 200 pounds is so close, yet it seems so far away.

People try, and struggle, to PUT ON weight??  I wish I had that problem lol.

I'm assuming though you're talking about body building or something rather than just generally trying to get less skinny.  Unless you're so tall that being nearly 200lbs means you're skinny, but I think you'd need to be 10ft tall for that lol.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10613 on: October 25, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »

People try, and struggle, to PUT ON weight??  I wish I had that problem lol.

I'm assuming though you're talking about body building or something rather than just generally trying to get less skinny.  Unless you're so tall that being nearly 200lbs means you're skinny, but I think you'd need to be 10ft tall for that lol.

Yeah its a bodybuilding thing - and as of today due in part to my excellent personal trainer Mitch's diet, it is no longer a problem. Took my weight today after my workout - 203 pounds. Hit one of my goal weights, now I just have to get to 220 pounds and I'll have had a very successful bulking season.

Mitch was a football player in high school and college - at 17, he was 290 pounds. He is a genetic anomaly - no one should look that obscenely, Captain America-handsome at 290 pounds.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10614 on: October 26, 2017, 08:55:03 am »
There's a page called "Feminist 40k" on FB which has been promoting the idea of more female characters in Warhammer 40k. Including female space marines. (Funnily enough, there is actually nothing in the current canon that would say that you can't have female space marines. All of the "boys only" stuff was from older editions and have been removed for some reason.)

Not so surprisingly they have been under attack by grognards and morons. People like Arc warhammer and Sargon of Akkad have specifically made videos about them and they are banning a lot of people from the group. ...But they have only banned 2 women. This is something that I need to mention because Arc and others are claiming that they have banned hundreds of women who disagreed with them. He interviewed someone who claimed to have been banned (she wasn't) and has otherwise also tried to tar the reputation of the group.

You wouldn't think that people get so pissed off over debate on toys...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10615 on: October 26, 2017, 09:59:20 am »
Geeks are a weird breed.  They cannot, will not, fathom that it's them that turns girls off but their hobbies and cling to that badge like some weird shroud.  Its what got us GooberGate after all.

Ironbite-boys unable to fathom that girls like games.

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10616 on: October 26, 2017, 10:06:01 am »
I am having to replace my old tablet buddy.  The battery is apparently a fire hazard and has been recalled...and the battery's been slowly dying on me over the past few days.
Quote from: Mikasa Ackerman
If I win, I live.  If I lose, I die.  Unless I fight, I cannot win.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10617 on: October 28, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »

...at 17, he was 290 pounds.
[/quote]

Holy shit.  How tall is he?  If he's not freakishly tall he must actually look like a comic book superhero.  Or a fighting game character.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10618 on: October 28, 2017, 03:25:16 pm »

...at 17, he was 290 pounds.

Holy shit.  How tall is he?  If he's not freakishly tall he must actually look like a comic book superhero.  Or a fighting game character.
[/quote]

6'4 I think. Mitch does look a lot like Captain America, or at least the two young ladies at my gym who work at the front desk say.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10619 on: October 30, 2017, 05:42:24 pm »
http://impact360institute.org/videos/tolerancequiz

Honestly I'm not sure where to put this, but I think some of you would get a kick out of it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

If you don't like what I'm saying, there's a good chance you're the reason I'm saying it.

Be weird, cause normal is boring.