Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024377 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10590 on: September 23, 2017, 07:09:16 am »
You must be blissfully unaware of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10591 on: September 24, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »
A while back on this thread Askold was talking about Star Wars fans who take the empire's side.

I was reminded of that because I recently came across Steven Universe fans who genuinely think the Diamonds are good and Rose Quartz is evil for rebelling against them to save the earth.  (For anyone who doesn't watch Steven Universe the Diamonds are the rulers of an imperialistic slave empire that tried to destroy the earth in the distant past but were foiled by Rose Quartz's started a rebellion to prevent the destruction of the human race.)

I know there's a frighteningly large number of people who don't care about genocide or mass murder if it happens to someone else, but I would have assumed everyone thought genocide was bad if they'd be on the receiving end.

To be quite fair, have you looked at humanity? Have you seen the shit we pull and the utter terrible examples of sapient intelligence that we are to each other on a daily basis? If anyone deserves to get wiped out, it's humans.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10592 on: October 04, 2017, 10:08:29 pm »
Got two out of three portions of my assignment for my database class working.  I got the database setup, some sample data inserted, and a little node.js server thingie up and running.  Of course, now the stupid part is actually getting the cunt to work as a particularly idiotic web API.  In JavaScript.  My current roadblock?  The professor uses code he wrote to get critical parts running and does not put that code up for anyone to see.  I literally can't fucking find it, if it exists at all.  And, its for the most important part: index.js.  Ya know, the heart, soul, and brain of the web application?

I'm starting to call the professor by his first name, because he quite clearly is not deserving of the respect entailed by the title "doctor."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10593 on: October 08, 2017, 03:06:50 am »
I have a problem.

Every now and then I realize that I am arguing with a stranger on the net because they are defending a genocide.

At least this time they were communists rather than Nazis.

Also they decided that I must be 14 year old troll and therefore they don't have to debate me.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10594 on: October 15, 2017, 09:35:11 pm »
The incessant whining about "lore rape" in Shadow of War. From what I've seen, most of these supposed instances fall into two categories:

1. Explained in the game itself.

2. Can be explained by the game being set in a different continuity from the books (and I think the movies as well).
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10595 on: October 16, 2017, 12:37:06 am »
Even if it was, lore is the very least of Shadow of War's problems.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10596 on: October 16, 2017, 07:11:56 am »
The incessant whining about "lore rape" in Shadow of War. From what I've seen, most of these supposed instances fall into two categories:

2. Can be explained by the game being set in a different continuity from the books (and I think the movies as well).

Yeah was gonna say it's not meant to be cannon, right?

Even if it was, lore is the very least of Shadow of War's problems.

This, all day long.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10597 on: October 17, 2017, 12:14:25 pm »
Okay, is it just me, or is Facebook failing to load, like, half the images on anyone else's feeds?

Shiv

« Reply #10598 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:58 pm »
When you, on a whim, try to log in to a site that you haven't logged into in years, and they've changed domains, and your username is registered, but you can't get your password and the emails for resetting it don't go to your email: annoying

Uhhhh if an admin could help me out, that'd be great?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10599 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:06 am »
I don't know. Would it?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10600 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:31 pm »
When you, on a whim, try to log in to a site that you haven't logged into in years, and they've changed domains, and your username is registered, but you can't get your password and the emails for resetting it don't go to your email: annoying

If you tell me which account this is, I'll reset the password and send an email to the address associated with that account
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10601 on: October 19, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »
Rather annoyed I discovered fitness too late to get involved with a football team.

...could've played on the same team as my personal trainer.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Shiv

« Reply #10602 on: October 23, 2017, 02:45:32 pm »

If you tell me which account this is, I'll reset the password and send an email to the address associated with that account

Shivahn. Keeping it old school. Also, apparently, logging in once every site generation.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10603 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »

Shivahn. Keeping it old school. Also, apparently, logging in once every site generation.

Check your email, and welcome back :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:20:15 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10604 on: October 23, 2017, 05:59:47 pm »
Things that annoy me; these last five or seven pounds that will just not go on my body - 200 pounds is so close, yet it seems so far away.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer