Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2024212 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11715 on: June 19, 2017, 05:55:46 am »
For the ranged sniper rifle?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #11716 on: June 19, 2017, 06:13:15 am »
1d810?????????
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11717 on: June 19, 2017, 10:32:39 am »
Hidden because huge:
(click to show/hide)

Supposedly from a KFC in Beijing. The person on the right is some Asian pop star. Or possibly Justin Bieber, not 100% certain.

Note that Colonel DILF here doesn't have a lightsaber. Motherfucker brought a cane to a swordfight!

EDIT: This offers some explanation but somehow just raises even more questions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3-vZtcF7Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3-vZtcF7Y</a>
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:35:41 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11718 on: June 19, 2017, 03:40:59 pm »
1d810?????????

That'd be it.

Ironbite-hence why I'm laughing so hard.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11719 on: June 19, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
That'd be the size of a small boulder...I've seen d100s, and they're the size of effing apples.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11720 on: June 19, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »
810 is 10*3^4, so you can simulate one with a d10, a d6 and some math
(or um an RNG but what's the fun in that)
Σא

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11721 on: June 20, 2017, 01:47:45 am »
Using rng to simulate dice is a perfectly viable way to play RPGs!

Also:
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11722 on: June 20, 2017, 03:04:14 am »
Sure, if you want to just throw away perfectly good hipster cred.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11723 on: June 20, 2017, 11:43:49 am »

Not disagreeing!

In point of fact I've only ever played RPGs over the internet, so, what else were we going to use

(but see all you need to do is reduce your d6 to d3 by assigning pairs of values to 0, 1, 2 and you roll four times, which gives you a number expressed in base 3 between 0 and 80, and you multiply that by ten and add the roll of your d10...)
Σא

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11724 on: June 20, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »
I am currently in a Shadowrun campaign where the freeware program "Chummer" is used extensively. Rather than keeping track of stats, expenses, equipment and the other minor details the program handily keeps track of them and I can get all the necessary stats out without writing down everything or going through a dozen books.

I am also in a campaign where we use google docs and Excel to keep track of food and supplies of the clan. ...We are keeping track of how much food each individual eats and item lists. When it was just 10 or so characters, half of whom were PCs this was simple and done in a notebook. Now that there are over 100 NPCs in the clan we have already progressed to Excel at some point (because losing your sanity over calculating food usage is just silly when few lines in Excel help get the job done.) and have plans to mainly replace these homebrew rules with Harn manor rules to make things easier. (It really was a snowball effect where things kept getting more complicated but it was so gradual that simply jumping to a different ruleset was not an obvious solution until we were late in the game. And we still plan to use the original RPG rules for most of the stuff but simplify the household affairs and have those be a separate game.)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11725 on: June 24, 2017, 12:14:58 am »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:21:37 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11726 on: June 24, 2017, 09:33:09 am »

Panel one: The American cousin [Lots of Finns moved into USA decades ago and as most people have some close or at least distant relative in USA this term is quite common descriptor for them.]

"Politics requires a renewal" "I voted for Trump to shake things up a bit!"

Panel two: "My house could do with some remodeling" "I brought in this drunken monkey to wreck up the place a bit"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11727 on: June 29, 2017, 03:53:34 pm »

QUICK! Somebody start up a heavy metal band called "Phoenix Christ" and use this image as the album cover!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11728 on: July 01, 2017, 08:17:21 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11729 on: July 04, 2017, 10:48:26 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.