Author Topic: Texas judge forces lesbian couple to seperate so one partner can keep custody.  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
http://www.dallasvoice.com/judge-lesbian-moms-partner-10147997.html

Sad to see this happening locally.

I hope someone can help these ladies. I haven't read the article because I don't want to "RAAAAGGGE". I hope it says that someone will do something.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
The article says that more than likely, the case would win an appeal, since the children are well-adjusted and in a perfectly suitable environment. They've also been living in this arrangement for three years. Forcibly breaking up their parents would only cause trauma, not prevent it.

wrightway

There's also a donation option to help with this family's legal fund.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
The couple can appeal the decision, which would likely be overturned. Upton said many appeals courts look at the relationship and if it causes any harm to the children in deciding whether to honor the morality clause. Being that the couple already lives together with a healthy environment for the kids, Upton said they stand a good chance to win on appeal.

If you're wondering what the  "morality clause" is, it's this.

Under the clause, someone who has a “dating or intimate relationship” with the person or is not related “by blood or marriage” is not allowed after 9 p.m. when the children are present.

Of course it's a bullshit clause that's a bit archaic and yet another good reason to argue for gay marriage.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
The couple can appeal the decision, which would likely be overturned. Upton said many appeals courts look at the relationship and if it causes any harm to the children in deciding whether to honor the morality clause. Being that the couple already lives together with a healthy environment for the kids, Upton said they stand a good chance to win on appeal.

If you're wondering what the  "morality clause" is, it's this.

Under the clause, someone who has a “dating or intimate relationship” with the person or is not related “by blood or marriage” is not allowed after 9 p.m. when the children are present.

Of course it's a bullshit clause that's a bit archaic and yet another good reason to argue for gay marriage.

Maybe they should move to someplace saner.