Author Topic: Pastafarian protestors assaulted and arrested in Russia  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Pastafarian protestors assaulted and arrested in Russia
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:08:18 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/18/russian-riot-police-detain-eight-pastafarians-during-pasta-procession-in-moscow/

Apparently they were trying to have a joke religious parade in Moscow in honour of Robert De Niro. (Because he once played a character called Noodle. Duh.)

The “pasta procession” in Moscow was disrupted by the Orthodox activist group Bozhaya Volya, or God’s Will, who sprayed ketchup on a march participants. The Orthodox group has held demonstrations against homosexuality, the punk rock group Pussy Riot, and the Darwin natural history museum.

Moscow police dispersed the marchers, claiming the procession was not sanctioned by authorities.

“We were detained for simply walking,” one Pastafarian wrote on a social networking website. “In particular, I was taken in for a sieve on my head.”

Wether or not wearing a sieve on your head should be conciderend and offence is up to debate.

Seriously though, even though I think in Russia not having your protest be sanctioned by authorities is arrestable offence (which in theory is a good thing since protests and marches require help from police in order not to interfere with traffic and other daily life, has turned into an excuse to ban anything the goverment does not want protested) but letting the assaulters walk free can not be defended.

Here, videos:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsapmnWDfg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsapmnWDfg</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ZriGzbHlg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ZriGzbHlg</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Pastafarian protestors assaulted and arrested in Russia
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
The Orthodox group has held demonstrations against homosexuality, the punk rock group Pussy Riot, and the Darwin natural history museum.

Do they also hate puppies and rainbows?
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »
No one could hate puppies, but rainbows are a sign of teh ghey, and should therefore be stamped out of nature itself for being so flagrantly against the Almighty's divine will.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »
And now we see where Putin is trying to lead his country into.

Ironbite-he is aware he doesn't have that many nukes anymore right?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »
Do Russian's elect their leaders? Do they have term limits there? It seems like Putin's been in charge for a really long time
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
They don't have the life time, two terms only restriction like here. So, he can get up to two terms in a row, over and again, one off between each two, for as long as he can get the votes.

The Russian Pastafarians certainly hold true to the spirit and mirth of that group. Completely harmless and just out to have a fun day. Russian Po-po's really need to get a fucking sense of humor, permitted gathering or not.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 10:48:56 pm »
Ketchup? Ketchup?! Wrong tomato-based condiment, bro. This is heresy.

We should kill them for their blasphemy.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »
They don't have the life time, two terms only restriction like here. So, he can get up to two terms in a row, over and again, one off between each two, for as long as he can get the votes.
I'm sure he will continue to.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:21 am »
Do Russian's elect their leaders? Do they have term limits there? It seems like Putin's been in charge for a really long time
In Russia the president can only serve two consecutive terms. That's why Putin was the prime minister for one term while his lackey, Medvedev was the president. Generally it was believed that Putin was in charge even then.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:04 am »
And now we see where Putin is trying to lead his country into.

Ironbite-he is aware he doesn't have that many nukes anymore right?
Officially.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.