Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 272109 times)

Even Then

Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »
I thought I'd go ahead and restart the Things People Say thread (with a slightly more accurate name, although I'll change it back into the old one if that bugs people), since apparently it died?

Quote from: tumblr user mr-cappadocia
Because the original statement wasn’t even just “should” have gay characters.. but WELL WRITTEN.

And that’s well written… according to who again?

See how that handful of soil isn’t just a handful anymore? Now… now there’s expectations… and there’s “well written”… and what’s next? What other “reasonable demand” is going to be made to suit “social expectations”?

(some other shit)

But see… if you think writers need to be “taught to write respectfully-written characters” then you’re the fucking enemy and I don’t think there’s much of any way to reach you.

I learned something today. I learned that it is morally abhorrent to say that mainstream fiction could stand to improve in the field of non-heterosexual representation, and that asking for well-written non-hetero characters is unreasonable.

(Context)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:47:07 pm »

i thought phrenology died out in the XIXth century...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:06:36 pm »
Negroidoid.  ;D
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 11:08:57 pm »
The original drawing and descriptions are really old, but legit; it's how forensic techs and anthropologists begin to identify bodies. Male and female skull morphology differs, too.

And, note how much BIGGER the "Negroidoid" brain case is? Funny, the racist twit who wrote the diss lacked the cranial capacity to see that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 09:57:46 am »
Negroidoid.  ;D

I remember learning about the formal names for the different groups in school back in the 80's.  The teacher started listing them and the guy sitting beside me pipes up with "I'm a Chinkazoid."  ;D As you can imagine, that joke stuck around for a while... like years.

pyro

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 10:22:18 am »
And, note how much BIGGER the "Negroidoid" brain case is? Funny, the racist twit who wrote the diss lacked the cranial capacity to see that.

Or he's not getting enough oxygen.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »
I read that as "Negrodroid"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »
"Negrodroid"

...That better be the name of a cheap blacksploitation SciFi film.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »
I don't really get what "blaxploitation" means as a genre. I tried to look it up and apparently it's a subgenre of "exploitation films"... but "exploitation films" is so broad that I'm even more confused.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 03:01:17 pm »
I think the basic premise of a blaxploitation movie is that the character is black to make them appear cool.  Bonus points for having them use the term "jive suckah."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »
Yay something I know a good deal of info about! So blaxploitation a sub-genera of exploitation films is basically a weird invention of the 70's It was based off the rather prevalent crime subculture that existed in Black culture and often had themes of a lone person going against "the man" or more specifically either corrupt and racist cops (something that black people had to and still deal with.)  Or some other person in a position of power, it also involved creation of black version of classic films such as Blacula and Blackenstein being the most famous examples.  It sort of died down by the mid 80's but it had a rather large impact on black culture even in modern times.

Blaxplotation also gave us Dolomite which is just...weird. So yeah that's all I know and remember from looking stuff up about the sub genera

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »
Wasn't the most popular of the films Shaft?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 04:28:31 pm »

Because it makes perfect sense that Chris Farley would fake his own death so he could take part in a false flag fifteen years later.

Even Then

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »
I have been vocally ranting at my computer screen for 15+ minutes because this shit is just so bad. (Very long, read only if you didn't feel like being happy today)

(click to show/hide)

What's worst about this is that some of it actually touch upon issues that men face. It's just that that, along with the rest of it, is coated in puerile MGTOW garbage.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 04:59:15 pm »
Wasn't the most popular of the films Shaft?
Yeah, those were the classics that started the genre.

...Then it was followed by a bunch of really cheap and bad films. Which was not the intention.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!