Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387852 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1290 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:41 am »
And when you constantly use the term "BernieBro," I have to wonder what your motivations are.

What I do know is that current Democratic Party model has seen them lose: the House (2010), the Senate (2014), the Presidency (2016), over 1000 state legislative seats (2009 to 2016), 69 of 99 state legislative bodies, and a net 13 governorships (2009 to 2016).

I'll let the opposite case be made by people who are more knowledgeable on the matter than I am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpjU3MENc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJuzOqKjLVg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9hpLVq0Bg
EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smqy7tBLaE
EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr1JStfBfM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuBxNcXrQRg
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:36:39 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2017, 01:02:32 am »
https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/will-not-support-fifth-gop-senator-comes-obamacare-repeal-bill/

Some Republicans are breaking ranks and suggesting that they might vote against the Trumpcare. On the other hand I am sure that at least a few Democrats will support the GOP like they did during the Obama years...

EDIT:

Heller joins GOP Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.), Ron Johnson (Wis.), Mike Lee (Utah) and Ted Cruz (Texas) in

...And actually I am calling bullshit on this list. There is no way in hell that Paul or Cruz will do anything that might suggest that they have a backbone.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:04:18 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1292 on: June 24, 2017, 01:08:01 am »
Paul and Cruz want the bill to be harsher.

And I suspect the DNC and DSCC will refuse to support any sitting Democratic Senator who votes for this bill--their rhetoric has made it very clear that this is a core issue for them.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1293 on: June 24, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »
DNC has made it perfectly clear that any senator who votes for this thing risks getting primaried.  Might be enough to get a few of the Blue Dogs in line.

Ironbite-but the GOP breaking ranks?  Yeah not happening.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1294 on: June 24, 2017, 03:23:27 pm »
DNC has made it perfectly clear that any senator who votes for this thing risks getting primaried.  Might be enough to get a few of the Blue Dogs in line.

Ironbite-but the GOP breaking ranks?  Yeah not happening.

Paul's already broken ranks once, on the vote to allow reconciliation to be used. (In protest that they hadn't presented their replacement plan, but nonetheless.)

Collins and Murkowski are well known to be opposed to cutting funding to Planned Parenthood.

Portman and Heller (and others, like Johnson) are from states which expanded Medicaid, and don't want to risk the electoral consequences of voting for a bill which cuts Medicaid--especially Heller, who's up for reelection in 2018 (while Portman and Johnson aren't) in a state Clinton carried (which Portman and Johnson also aren't), so they might be loath to jeopardize the Medicaid expansion.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1295 on: June 24, 2017, 11:57:04 pm »
Oh, trust me, Ron Johnson's voting for this garbage. He's my senator and from day 1 of Trump, he's done nothing that wasn't in line with the Republican platform or Trump's fascism.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:59:33 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1296 on: June 25, 2017, 01:56:16 am »
Oh, trust me, Ron Johnson's voting for this garbage. He's my senator and from day 1 of Trump, he's done nothing that wasn't in line with the Republican platform or Trump's fascism.

Which is why I mentioned Johnson only as a parenthetical. I know he's awful.

But Heller has to be scared, and Portman was on record saying that he wouldn't vote for anything that threatened Ohio's Medicaid expansion.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1297 on: June 26, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »

Trump tweet that was also put on his FB page. Plenty of loud fans there still support him even as others basically say "DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT HE JUST TWEETED?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Also, funny that they have to "work hard" even when they have majority.

So I suppose if the Trumpcare fails boths sides are going to say that Democrats are responsible. Democrats because they are going to brag about preventing Trumpcare from passing and Republicans because they are going to cry fake tears as they are finding new ways to sabotage Obamacare.

And when millions of people are suddenly without insurance Trump fans are not going to blame him, no either they praise the GOP for saving money and kicking out the moochers or they are going to put the blame on Democrats and Obamacare because someone one TV or Twitter said it was their fault.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1298 on: June 26, 2017, 03:48:09 pm »
The problem is that ACA relies do heavily on active government support that it is amazingly easy to sabotage. Trump and the Republicans just have to keep insisting it's a failure and do nothing to fix it and eventually it will collapse on its own. Insurance companies are already pulling out at the drop of a hat because they aren't making all of the money immediately, so they pretty much just have to encourage them to pull out. It's a self fulfilling prophesy.

The problem is that both parties keep trying capitalist solutions and that's just not compatible with American capitalism where immediate gains are more important than all, including long term profit and stability, even when that long term profit is more than all of the short term gains ever. If they're not making all of the money right now, then they're failing and making none of the money. It's an amazingly broken system.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1299 on: June 30, 2017, 03:59:38 am »
https://i.imgur.com/F1KXhQg.jpg

"By the time this hits shelves in the morning, there's a good chance that this will be old news as we'll have moved on to the latest way that Trump has massively humiliated us all."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1300 on: June 30, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/trump-administration-appoints-anti-transgender-activist-to?utm_term=.irm4Odk7O#.nwBqd0RAd

A top post about gender equality and women's rights in the US government has been filled... by an anti-trans activist.

Bethany Kozma is a lovely, sweet woman who just happens to believe that girls with penises just ought not to be showering next to girls without penises.

She wrote this some time ago:

To put it simply, a boy claiming gender confusion must now be allowed in the same shower, bathroom, or locker room with my daughter under the president’s transgender policies. When I learned that predators could abuse these new policies to hurt children in school lockers, shelters, pool showers, or other vulnerable public places like remote bathrooms in national parks, I realized I had to do something.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/07/10/im-a-mom-heres-what-im-doing-to-fight-obamas-transgender-agenda/

EDIT:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-voter-fraud-panel-personal-information_us_59555bbee4b0da2c732230c2

Meanwhile, Trump is trying to dox every voter in the US.

EDIT:

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/25/ralph-nader-the-democrats-are-unable-to-defend-the-u-s-from-the-most-vicious-republican-party-in-history/

Ralph Nader on the decline of the Democratic Party.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:32:37 pm by dpareja »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1301 on: July 04, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-chemerinsky-emoluments-law-suits-20170626-story.html

Trump's defence of his violations of the Emoluments Clause: the President is above the Constitution.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1302 on: July 04, 2017, 03:13:27 pm »
........................oh good the Nixon Speed Run keeps going.

Ironbite-and going and going.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1303 on: July 04, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »
Can someone explain this emoluments clause and what it means to Trump?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1304 on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:26 pm »
You can't make money out of your office.  That includes running a business, or charging fees for accessing to the President.
It's one of the reasons Trump has so many diplomatic meetings at Mar-A-Lago - there's an entrance fee, which goes into the family's pockets.