Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025332 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:35 am »
I'm rather irked that this forum seems to drop me outside the thread immediately after making a post. I get that it's a nice idea in theory, but in practise it's rather silly and I don't care for it.

That said, the fact that it notifies you if you get ninjaed is a nice touch.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:32 am »
I can't figure out how to get the correct time going on these forums. Anyone know? It's says I'm posting at 2pm, but that is in the future.

Most likely it's getting the time from the actual location the server's in... it's located in Miami, Florida.

Naturally, it will post with its own time for you. But if you want to get the correct time, you should check your profile. I just woke up, so I don't remember. I'll have to check and edit this message in a sec.

I don't think so; I'm on the same time as Miami.

I've tried fiddling around in the account/profile settings but can't seem to find anything for date and time. Thanks though. If you find it, definitely let me know.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:17 am »
I'm rather irked that this forum seems to drop me outside the thread immediately after making a post. I get that it's a nice idea in theory, but in practise it's rather silly and I don't care for it.

That said, the fact that it notifies you if you get ninjaed is a nice touch.

Found in the same place I just posted in my edit above. Jebediah: O_o;
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:42 am »
I can't figure out how to get the correct time going on these forums. Anyone know? It's says I'm posting at 2pm, but that is in the future.

Most likely it's getting the time from the actual location the server's in... it's located in Miami, Florida.

Naturally, it will post with its own time for you. But if you want to get the correct time, you should check your profile. I just woke up, so I don't remember. I'll have to check and edit this message in a sec.

I've tried fiddling around in the account/profile settings but can't seem to find anything for date and time. Thanks though. If you find it, definitely let me know.

http://forums.fstdt.net/profile/?area=theme;u=6 --> Look and Layout--> Time Format --> --> Time offset--> Auto detect

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Jebediah

• The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:39 am »
Thanks, Keiro and Shane!!

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:29 am »

http://forums.fstdt.net/profile/?area=theme;u=6 --> Look and Layout--> Time Format --> --> Time offset--> Auto detect

Yup, what she said. But I'd have figured you'd have realized that after being given the general location. >_>;
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Jebediah

• The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:17 am »
No, sorry, I didn't.

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 11:11:53 am »
Infected hair follicles. Especially when they then turn into ingrown hairs. D:<
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:09 am »
My mom.

Also, why when I post in quick reply it posts in the newest updated thread instead of the one I'm reading? o.O
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 11:25:25 am »
My mom.

Also, why when I post in quick reply it posts in the newest updated thread instead of the one I'm reading? o.O

That's something to be reported in Forum Issues.

Seriously though, what browser are you using?

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 11:31:50 am »
Firefox.
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:47 am »
... I'm using Firefox and it's not posting like that for me. Version? Can be found in Help -> About Firefox. (Waterfox for me due to below.)

(Actually, I'm using a x64-bit build of Firefox, called Waterfox

Plugins? Addons? All of this info can be found in Tools -> Addons.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:59 pm »
That I ALWAYS have nightmares of missing important things, sometimes several nights beforehand (jury duty, classes, etc.).

Also that my nightmares are so lame.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 03:52:48 am »
This new dog we got today refuses to sleep on the couch. She comes up and just wont friggin settle down
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 06:24:34 am »
It looks like my college is cheating me out of around $50 for no apparent reason, and I'm so friggin' poor that those $50 can make-or-break me.