Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024561 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10605 on: October 24, 2017, 11:43:02 am »
Nazis had a protest in my town few days ago. I wanted to go to the counterprotest but had to go to work instead.

Also, there was a conscript marching with the Nazis while wearing his uniform. Now Nazis are complaining that he shouldn't be punished because earlier a soldier took part in Pride parade and was not punished for that. And they are claiming that Pride-parade and Nazi-parade are pretty much the same and if one is considered bad then so should the other "in name of fair treatment."

Also media is trying to paint the counterprotesters as equally violent when it was the Nazis who beat up people. "Violence on many sides" and all that.

And completely unrelated to this but my wife and I are arguing more and more recently and I am trying to fix things but always end up fucking up somehow.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10606 on: October 25, 2017, 11:52:02 am »
Things that annoy me; these last five or seven pounds that will just not go on my body - 200 pounds is so close, yet it seems so far away.

People try, and struggle, to PUT ON weight??  I wish I had that problem lol.

I'm assuming though you're talking about body building or something rather than just generally trying to get less skinny.  Unless you're so tall that being nearly 200lbs means you're skinny, but I think you'd need to be 10ft tall for that lol.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10607 on: October 25, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »
Things that annoy me; these last five or seven pounds that will just not go on my body - 200 pounds is so close, yet it seems so far away.

People try, and struggle, to PUT ON weight??  I wish I had that problem lol.

I'm assuming though you're talking about body building or something rather than just generally trying to get less skinny.  Unless you're so tall that being nearly 200lbs means you're skinny, but I think you'd need to be 10ft tall for that lol.

Yeah its a bodybuilding thing - and as of today due in part to my excellent personal trainer Mitch's diet, it is no longer a problem. Took my weight today after my workout - 203 pounds. Hit one of my goal weights, now I just have to get to 220 pounds and I'll have had a very successful bulking season.

Mitch was a football player in high school and college - at 17, he was 290 pounds. He is a genetic anomaly - no one should look that obscenely, Captain America-handsome at 290 pounds.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10608 on: October 26, 2017, 08:55:03 am »
There's a page called "Feminist 40k" on FB which has been promoting the idea of more female characters in Warhammer 40k. Including female space marines. (Funnily enough, there is actually nothing in the current canon that would say that you can't have female space marines. All of the "boys only" stuff was from older editions and have been removed for some reason.)

Not so surprisingly they have been under attack by grognards and morons. People like Arc warhammer and Sargon of Akkad have specifically made videos about them and they are banning a lot of people from the group. ...But they have only banned 2 women. This is something that I need to mention because Arc and others are claiming that they have banned hundreds of women who disagreed with them. He interviewed someone who claimed to have been banned (she wasn't) and has otherwise also tried to tar the reputation of the group.

You wouldn't think that people get so pissed off over debate on toys...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10609 on: October 26, 2017, 09:59:20 am »
Geeks are a weird breed.  They cannot, will not, fathom that it's them that turns girls off but their hobbies and cling to that badge like some weird shroud.  Its what got us GooberGate after all.

Ironbite-boys unable to fathom that girls like games.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10610 on: October 26, 2017, 10:06:01 am »
I am having to replace my old tablet buddy.  The battery is apparently a fire hazard and has been recalled...and the battery's been slowly dying on me over the past few days.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10611 on: October 28, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »

...at 17, he was 290 pounds.
[/quote]

Holy shit.  How tall is he?  If he's not freakishly tall he must actually look like a comic book superhero.  Or a fighting game character.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10612 on: October 28, 2017, 03:25:16 pm »

...at 17, he was 290 pounds.

Holy shit.  How tall is he?  If he's not freakishly tall he must actually look like a comic book superhero.  Or a fighting game character.
[/quote]

6'4 I think. Mitch does look a lot like Captain America, or at least the two young ladies at my gym who work at the front desk say.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10613 on: October 30, 2017, 05:42:24 pm »
http://impact360institute.org/videos/tolerancequiz

Honestly I'm not sure where to put this, but I think some of you would get a kick out of it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10614 on: October 30, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »
If ever there were to be a case study in laughably loaded questions, that shit would take fucking centre stage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10615 on: October 31, 2017, 12:47:12 pm »
If ever there were to be a case study in laughably loaded questions, that shit would take fucking centre stage.

Like so many quizzes like this a lot of the questions imo are very contextual and merit a, "Well it depends...." answer, which of course you can't really have in a quiz.  It's kind of an ihnerent problem in trying to assign a numerical, or otherwise tangible, value to complex issues/opinions.

The 1st question for example is, "No one has the right to disagree with or criticize another person’s life choices. "  That very much depends on what those life choices are.  If we're talking about LGBT stuff, consensual fetish related sex acts, your career etc etc then I agree.  If your life choice is persecuting Jews or murdering children then no, I do not agree.

I know I'm probably taking not-to-be-taken-seriously-it's-just-a-dumb-internet-quiz things too seriously, but still.  And this problem does crop up in real-world questionnaires that actually matter; if anyone's sought help regarding mental health issues you may have encountered it.  I've even encountered it in the selection process for certain types of jobs. So I think it does matter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:56:03 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10616 on: November 08, 2017, 11:41:33 am »
My rib cage. It makes it very hard to find shirts and jackets that fit properly, if I get ones that fit my chest they're usually too big around the lower abdomen which, in the case of blazers and formal shirts, makes me look even fatter than I actually am.  If I get them to fit my lower abdomen then they're usually far too tight around the chest and shoulders.

To give you some idea of how fucked-up a shape I am, I once went form a 52 inch waist to almost a 28 inch waist, 12 sizes.  My chest size meanwhile went from 46-48 down to 44-46...1 size.  And today I tried on my old army surplus camo gear which I bought back when I was skinny (I was about 11 1/2 stone then and I'm now around 16stn 10lbs): the shirt just about fits but the trousers won't even go past my thighs.  It's not like I was super muscular when I was thin, I very much wasn't, and I certainly didn't do excessive chest exercises.  People mock that Captain America drawing  but that's pretty much what shape I am.

PS Minus the muscles, obviously.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10617 on: November 08, 2017, 11:25:13 pm »
...and I was just about to say I was set to be mirin your unrealistic muscles...

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10618 on: November 13, 2017, 02:29:29 am »
My English class is full of mental infants.

To give you an idea, I'm one of the few passing students in a class I only take to move on up.

There are around six failing students, in a class where the homework involves fixing capitalization mistakes, verbs, adjectives and noun possession. I could accept not being good at something that is your second language. What I can't accept so easily is people failing transparently because they never do anything.

I had to look over someone's paper last week and it looked like something an r/TheRedPill user would vomit up - it was about why men were not marrying any more, and involved ranting against the seizing of "male spaces", men "not wanting to be uncool or emasculated by their shrieking wives", and "the media" portraying married people as losers.

There are like three students who sit at the back, all giggling and chatting amongst themselves, and constantly disrupting class with no consequences in sight.

One student asked another to copy all of the homework for her, and acted offended when I reported this transparent plagiarism to the teacher playing it off as a joke.

The failing students seem to see me as a Jerk Jock who's out to torment them incessantly...an impression I'll admit I am considering playing up. The super-chatty students usually sit in one location, and I've been thinking of having my workout bag take up one seat, and my school bag take up another.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10619 on: November 16, 2017, 06:38:59 am »
People on Facebook who post stuff from Unilad (and similar sites) like it's a reliable source, or some kind of trusted peer-review science/political journal and not just a collection of un-checked click-bait garbage.  I swear to fuck I'm going to punch a kitten if I have to explain to the same people how logic,"consider the source" and basic 5-second fact-checking/research work one more fucking time. They even keep falling for the exact same types of "stories", especially those obviously-not-true-seriously-are-you-a-retard-or-something stories that you get about China.  How many fucking times do I need to tell you, and prove to you with literally less than 5 seconds worth of research, that 99.9999% of those stories are made up horse bollocks? Why do you not get this yet ffs? Argh!

I'm an idiot, and I understand these things.  WTF is these peoples' excuse?