Author Topic: French Election  (Read 875 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
French Election
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:01:25 pm »
So the first round of the French election is over and now the race is going to be between independent centrist with little government experience Emmanuel Macron and deranged racist alt-reicher Marie Le Pen.  Both of France's traditionally dominate parties failed to get into the final round for the first time in ever. 

Overall signs look good that Le Pen will probably lose, but after last year we can't get over confident.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: French Election
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:50:42 pm »
I doubt she will get the win this time.

But next. Deffo. Would bet on it.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »
Hopefully her batshit insane dad wrests the party back and guarantees those Neo-Nazis stay irrelevant.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:45:31 pm »
Hopefully her batshit insane dad wrests the party back and guarantees those Neo-Nazis stay irrelevant.

Hopefully she does about as well as her batshit insane dad did when he made the runoff.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 03:04:28 pm »
I doubt she will get the win this time.

But next. Deffo. Would bet on it.
I could see that happening. As much as I like the fact that Macron is pro-europe, more neo-liberalists policies can only reinforce the ressentment people have towards their leader and strenghten the far-right.

That whole election cycle was a hold-up on Macron's part, and he knows it.