Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1480806 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6900 on: May 12, 2017, 02:43:51 am »
You know what's really nice to have in a void world when you only have around five or so lives left? Fucking jetpack, that's what. I'm 1000x safer and building is so much more convenient as well. Gravity can lick my hairy taint from now on because I have died via falling off my base for the last fucking time.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6901 on: May 12, 2017, 06:26:23 am »
That reminds me, I need to get back into Advanced Genetics.  Being an unarmoured superbeing is quite enjoyable.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6902 on: May 12, 2017, 07:45:17 am »
Wow, that looks like an awesome mod. I might have to get into that myself at some point.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6903 on: May 12, 2017, 12:11:31 pm »
It is quite nice and damned handy.  Though, I think they might've axed the regeneration ability in 1.7...considering you could use that and every other ability, people prolly cried "OP!!!111!1!1ELEVENTY" like a bunch of whiny bitches.  That's fine.  That's why I have ChromatiCraft, motherfuckers.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6904 on: May 22, 2017, 03:28:44 am »
Well, I'm a bit late to the party (especially since I've had the game for about a year), but I've finally gotten through Persona 4. 67 hours, 35 minutes. Side note: This is the happiest game about thwarting a serial killer I've ever seen.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6905 on: May 22, 2017, 07:40:39 am »
Also, Yukiko is best waifu.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6906 on: May 22, 2017, 10:37:22 pm »
Eh. I don't really like any of the romantic options. Rise's affections for Yu are obvious comic relief, while Chie and Yosuke very obviously have a thing for each other. I actually found Yukiko boring as a love interest. Not boring as a character, mind you, just boring as a love interest.

EDIT: After thinking about it, honestly, I wish Yosuke as a romance option hadn't been removed. He and Yu have a surprising amount of chemistry.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:29:06 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6907 on: May 23, 2017, 03:21:31 am »
The more I think about it, the more of a point you have.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6908 on: May 23, 2017, 03:24:51 pm »
Overwatch is doing their 1 year anniversary event.

Ironbite-Genji wins

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6909 on: May 23, 2017, 05:46:47 pm »
I only just now realized how completely bonkers both parts of Persona 2's plot was. Cults! NWO conspiracies! Kids locking each other in temples to avoid a move! Nyarlathotep making Nazis invade Japan! A telepathic undead decapitated head!

...hoo boy...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6910 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:11 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zzHfoQENE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zzHfoQENE</a>

Somewhere a single tear rolls down Kojima's face as he whispers "...You'le pletty good."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6911 on: May 26, 2017, 01:16:30 pm »
New Far Cry:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxav5An1sAs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxav5An1sAs</a>

a) It's set in USA.

b) How are they going to explain why the US law enforcement and national guard aren't there to stop the villains?

c) Some folks are upset that the villains are Christians. ...You know what? Christians have done some really fucked up shit in the past but I think we can safely agree that you can be a Christian without being part of a murderous cult that takes over your country.

d) I am reminded of the "WHY ARE THE KKK THE VILLAINS!" outrage from Mafia 3 but at least this time we can agree that not all Christians are evil.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6912 on: May 26, 2017, 01:44:15 pm »
...That eight pointed cross symbol the cult was using gave me some really weird Chaos Undivided vibes.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6913 on: May 26, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
I honestly can't wait.

Ironbite-killing rednecks?  AWESOME!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6914 on: May 26, 2017, 05:17:59 pm »
I honestly can't wait.

Ironbite-killing rednecks?  AWESOME!

Playing a redneck, possibly a priest, while killing some sort of religious fanatics who have taken over the county.

Someone noted that "they can't be Christians" because one of them refers to himself as the "father" and no Christian priest would call himself that because only God is called the Father...

Which once again reminded me that some Christians still refuse to accept that Catholics are also Christians. (I keep forgetting because it is such a silly rivalry.)

EDIT:

...So the "Average Americans" are cultists who murder people and start a violent revolution? I repeat: If you identify with the villain please describe what part of their actions do you think is acceptable.

I mean, it could just be "they have guns, I have guns." But the heroes also have guns so why not identify with them? "They are religious and so am I." ...One of the heroes is a priest. "DO I HAVE TO SAY IT OUTLOUD?! THE VILLAINS ARE WHITE AND SO AM I!" ...2/3 of the heroes seem to be white. Isn't that enough representation for you?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:26:51 pm by Askold »