Author Topic: Demons are responsible for Aurorora  (Read 3215 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Demons are responsible for Aurorora
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:55:21 am »
Or so says Rev. Dwight Longenecker

(RNS) A Catholic priest has suggested that Satan may have driven accused killer James Holmes to open fire at a Colorado cinema, continuing the religious debate over a shooting that claimed 12 lives and wounded 58 more.

"Was he demon possessed? Maybe. It happens," the Rev. Dwight Longenecker wrote at the Patheos website, where the Catholic priest from Greenville, S.C., is a columnist.

Religious leaders and public figures have sparked some of the most heated discussions in the wake of the tragedy as they have offered various explanations for the violent outburst and spiritual guidance for dealing with it.

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, a onetime Baptist minister, blamed the nation's "sin problem" for the crime. He echoed the views of Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, that the shooting happened because public prayer is not allowed at public schools and so Americans have lost the "protective hand" of God.

Heh...hehe....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How stupid and conceited and retarded can you be?  That is the dumbest thing ever.  It's like these people can't face a reality where their almighty sky dad isn't around to help them.

Ironbite-it boggles my mind that these people have any form of power.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:23:42 am by ironbite »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Demons are responsible for Aurorora
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:06:31 am »
Or so says Rev. Dwight Longenecker

(RNS) A Catholic priest has suggested that Satan may have driven accused killer James Holmes to open fire at a Colorado cinema, continuing the religious debate over a shooting that claimed 12 lives and wounded 58 more.

"Was he demon possessed? Maybe. It happens," the Rev. Dwight Longenecker wrote at the Patheos website, where the Catholic priest from Greenville, S.C., is a columnist.

Religious leaders and public figures have sparked some of the most heated discussions in the wake of the tragedy as they have offered various explanations for the violent outburst and spiritual guidance for dealing with it.

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, a onetime Baptist minister, blamed the nation's "sin problem" for the crime. He echoed the views of Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, that the shooting happened because public prayer is not allowed at public schools and so Americans have lost the "protective hand" of God.

Heh...hehe....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How stupid and conceited and retarded can you be?  That is the dumbest thing ever.  It's like these people can't face a reality where their almighty sky dad isn't around to help them.

Ironbite-it boggles my mind that these people have any form of power.

Yo dawg, we heard you like quotes, so we put a quote in your quote, so you could quote me while you quote someone else quoting yourself

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:09:06 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:35:47 am »
So. the implication being that Satan has more power to cause it than God has to prevent it? 

Or let's not forget the lesson learned in the book of Job.  Satan can do nothing without God's permission.

Either way, awesome God you got there, Rev.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:39:52 am »
So. the implication being that Satan has more power to cause it than God has to prevent it? 

But you see, God cannot interfere because of free will for vague reasons that I will not expand upon, much less justify.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:59:29 am »
Well, I'm highly offended by this statement. Up until now, I always thought that "God moves in mysterious ways" was the standard excuse for shit like this. Why'd he have to go and completely fuck up any sense of consistency? If I were a Christian, it would seriously ruin my immersion.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 11:14:30 am »

But you see, God cannot interfere because of free will for vague reasons that I will not expand upon, much less justify.

So then it goes to the point of God giving permission since Satan cannot act without God's permission (according to the BoJ.)  Blanket permission to fuck with humanity, you say?  Excuses, excuses. 

Last one off the circular logic ride turn off the lights.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 11:18:49 am »
I misread the title as "Demons are responsible for Aurora"

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:23:39 am »

So then it goes to the point of God giving permission since Satan cannot act without God's permission (according to the BoJ.)  Blanket permission to fuck with humanity, you say?  Excuses, excuses. 

Last one off the circular logic ride turn off the lights.

God is testing us, of course. What good is free will if you can't test it? And then torture everyone for eternity for making the wrong choices? That's no fun.

Well, I'm highly offended by this statement. Up until now, I always thought that "God moves in mysterious ways" was the standard excuse for shit like this. Why'd he have to go and completely fuck up any sense of consistency? If I were a Christian, it would seriously ruin my immersion.

This calls for a good old-fashioned schism! Burn in hell, apostate.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:27:05 am by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 11:36:54 am »
My immediate thought to this dude?

As I posted on Facebook:

I have an idea, Reverend Longenecker. How about you STOP TRYING TO BLAME EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING ELSE for what this fuckwad shooter did?! Whose at fault? JAMES GODDAMN HOLMES! Not gun control laws! Not a so-called "decline" in Christian values! Not your overheated, red-skinned boogeyman!
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.