Author Topic: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban  (Read 10469 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 06:41:02 am »
Gotta love the Taliban.

14 year old girlf speaking about equal rights for women is un-Islamic.

Shoot said GIRL in the head is what Allah wants.

Doesn't the Quran have a section somewhere saying EVERYONE is treated the same?  I could've sworn I saw that somewhere.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 08:19:54 am »

Doesn't the Quran have a section somewhere saying EVERYONE is treated the same?  I could've sworn I saw that somewhere.

Well all MALES are treated the same, we all know that for the abrahamic religions women are no better than livestock or property. They clearly do not count in that everyone being treated the same verse. They must just shut up and demurely accept whatever the men do to them as well as who their fathers sell them to.

After all whoever heard of a piece of property speaking its mind, and wanting to be educated of all things, such utter nonsense.<heavy sarcasm>

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 10:37:32 am »
Some very good news: She's standing with assistance. However there is some infection in the bullet wound which is the doctors' biggest concern right now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20001486

The Pakistani girl shot by the Taliban has managed to stand for the first time since the shooting, say UK doctors who are treating her.

Dr David Rosser said she was also able to communicate by writing notes, but added that there were still some concerns about her smooth recovery.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 11:21:59 am »
Good BTW the reason I said it was bad that she was being moved to the UK is that it meant it was serious enough that Pakistan couldn't treat her. 

Distind

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:33:26 pm »
Good BTW the reason I said it was bad that she was being moved to the UK is that it meant it was serious enough that Pakistan couldn't treat her.
I'm thinking the move was more about protection than treatment. They had at least one close call and international good will to exploit. Or at least international pity, or perhaps indignation... one way or another they found a way to look good and make her no longer their problem at the same time.

Good to hear she's doing reasonably well for what happened to her. Hopefully she'll get out of this without any more trouble than needed.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 03:18:35 am »

Well all MALES are treated the same, we all know that for the abrahamic religions women are no better than livestock or property. They clearly do not count in that everyone being treated the same verse. They must just shut up and demurely accept whatever the men do to them as well as who their fathers sell them to.

After all whoever heard of a piece of property speaking its mind, and wanting to be educated of all things, such utter nonsense.<heavy sarcasm>

I've heard that the Quran actually encourages women to be educated, and that actively preventing it was considered bad.  Anyone know if that's true?

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 09:26:44 am »

I've heard that the Quran actually encourages women to be educated, and that actively preventing it was considered bad.  Anyone know if that's true?
I don't remember any specifically about women, but it is explicitly stated multiple times in the Quran that education (attaining knowledge) for every Muslim is a must, one even quotes it as a prerequisite for going to Heaven. This includes even slave girls apparently. Ironically Muhammad himself is illiterate, but that's probably why he harped so much on education.

Still it is obvious that women still hold a lower rank amongst people there. There are strong women quoted in the Quran; Muhammad's first wife Fatimah is stated as the key to his early business success, and his last wife Aisha (yes, that 6-year old he married) is said to be one of the influential figures after his death which led to the split between Sunni and Shia. But they are never considered as equals. In fact the rule of having four wives is said to have arised to allow the men to take care of the widows of their fallen comrades.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 05:15:27 pm »
Mohammad was first taken care of by his widowed mother before she died shortly due to disease I think. He didn't get a great education because he was an orphan who barely survived. Also, two people in one marriage is considered the ideal and should only enter into marriage with multiple women if they can adequately take care of them all. How many people adequately listen to any polygamy being about "Equal Care" and all is up to interpretation. Mali, a major African and Muslim Nation, was quoted as having "Beautiful women that are more important than the men." Despite the fact it's leader was a man.

It's doubtful that Mohammad placed too much emphasis on patriarchy given the culture previously allowed women to have multiple husbands, but there was at least enough to run with clearly. Though most fundie Islam scholars tend to rewrite the Koran, as well as abuse shitty hadiths. Who knows how much telephones being played with here. Nothing worse than Christian fundies rewriting their own 'sacred' texts to match their beliefs instead of of matching their beliefs to their sacred texts.

I often don't view assholes like the taliban as "Christians" or "Muslims" but as a bunch of manipulative men using faith to delude the poorly informed to gather followers. More Muslims, possibly even more strict followers of the five pillars (Which is the keys to being a muslim), have died to Muslim terrorists and extremists than their western foes. Often as collateral damage. I think the same can be said of Christian Terrorists and Christian fatalities. This crap makes me sad for the women and sad that people believe that they are doing the will of God via this murder and assaults.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Paradox

• Neonate
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 03:36:03 am »
She is doing quite well, if the BBC is to be believed!  The hospital set up a message board where you can leave your well wishes.  Here.
The Man of Galilee, the Carpenter, the workingman who became the revolutionary agitator of his day soon found himself to be an undesirable citizen in the eyes of the ruling knaves and they had him crucified.