Author Topic: Chris Koster, Missouri state attorney general, wants to bring back gas chambers  (Read 6575 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
How long can this thread go without a godwin? Let’s find out!

The (Missouri) state’s attorney general, Chris Koster, has warned that unless Missouri is allowed by the state supreme court to press ahead quickly with pending executions under its current lethal-injection protocol, its drug supplies will expire. In that case, the state might have to turn to the only other option open to it – the gas chamber.

“Unless the [supreme] court changes its current course, the legislature will soon be compelled to fund statutorily-authorised alternative methods of execution to carry out lawful judgments,” Koster said. Under Missouri law only two forms of execution are permitted: “… by means of the administration of lethal gas or by means of the administration of lethal injection”.

Uh bro, suffocation is not quick and painless. In fact it is the opposite. If you don’t believe me you can go hang yourself.

The administration of propofol (fun fact, propofol was the stuff that killed Michael Jackson) is a part of execution by lethal injection. This chemical is no longer manufactured in the United States by Hospira. The reason why is simple, when your anesthetic is associated with death repeatedly that is bad for business.
"Hospira manufactures this product because it improves or saves lives, and the company markets it solely for use as indicated on the product labeling. The drug is not indicated for capital punishment, and Hospira does not support its use in this procedure," spokesman Daniel M. Rosenberg

Propofol used to be imported from Europe and the UK. But they basically said “stop it you bloody barbarians.”

UK: "This country opposes the death penalty," "we are clear that the state should never be complicit in judiciary executions through the use of British drugs in lethal injections."

Europe via the European Commission: "The decision today contributes to the wider EU efforts to abolish the death penalty worldwide"

Guy, guyz I have the best idea! Let’s make execution “green”! Rope for neck breaking (it is reusable too!), natural lethal injection (ie poison), solar powered electric chairs, ect. Or they could take a page from Utah and go back to firing squads.

“He’s trying to prod the court into dropping its objections and setting execution dates by threatening that Missouri might have to go back to the dark ages if they don’t act soon,” - Richard Dieter of the Death Penalty Information Center
Might? Buddy that has been happening.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:27:21 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
How long can this thread go without a godwin? Let’s find out!

Hitler-- Dammit!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Bring back guillotines.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
BURNINGS!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Why not hara-kiri? Gas chambers already involve the condemned being directed to breath deeply, so it already involves what is essentially a directed suicide.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Wow, I guess Ken Cuccinelli isn't the looniest state attorney general after all.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Bring back guillotines.

...And die with class. 

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
DEATH BY BLACK WIDOWS. How about execution via juggernaut?
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Can't they just use morphine?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Guillotines probably do leave the condemed's brain alive for a good nightmarish half minute till blood loss makes them go unconscious.

Why can't the same procedure used for euthanizing dogs be used on humans? Inject a cocktail of sedative and morphine, wait til they pass out, then inject sodium phenobarbitol. The morphine level needs to be very generous. That said, IMO, about 80 percent of death penalty convictions are unqualified by the crime committed, and with the kind of fuck up stats being brought to life by the woefully underfunded Innocence Project....maybe we need to wait until all those wrongful convictions are cleared up before executing anyone again.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Guillotines probably do leave the condemed's brain alive for a good nightmarish half minute till blood loss makes them go unconscious.

Assuming that they don't immediately go unconscious from the shock of having 80% of their body lopped off.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Bring back guillotines.
I've said this before and I will say it again, as far as execution methods go guillotine is a quick and relatively painless way to go and extremely reliable. Even if it is concidered "gruesome" it really is quite humane way to execute someone.

If my opposition to executions was only about the method then I'd be supporting guillotines 100% and pro-death penalty.

...But untill they have a method of ensuring that no innocent people end up on the death row I'm still gonna say no.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
It's difficult to know what being decapitated is like, but I imagine you're pretty much immediately unconscious, or pretty damn close to it. The anxiety leading up to it is a much different story. Also it makes a goddamn mess.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Guillotine and firing squad, that's really all we need, dammit.  Ammo's cheap and sharp blades are cheaper!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
It's difficult to know what being decapitated is like, but I imagine you're pretty much immediately unconscious, or pretty damn close to it. The anxiety leading up to it is a much different story. Also it makes a goddamn mess.
Open heart surgery makes a mess but that is not a reason to ban it.

I think that the best methods of execution, the one's with the least pain and suffering to the "victim" are guillotine and shooting. Those are also on the top of the list for messy, "violent" and being most likely to get a mob to oppose them. While stuff like lethal injection, (unreliable, horribly wasteful and in some cases long and painful) gas chamber (slow and agonising) and hanging... Well if hanging is done properly it snaps your neck and is a quick way to go, if done wrong it's slow choking to death.

My point is that people oppose the methods that are actually quick and relatively painless while the more horrible ones are deemed acceptable, simply because they don't have blood being spilled.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!